z

Young Writers Society

Student publishing

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:58 pm
mandysaf says...

I just discovered this website and I am really excited about introducing it to my students! I am a young writer (and teacher) myself, so this would be a great way for us to share our thoughts and works!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:12 pm
DragonKore says...

It definitely would have been beneficial for me when I was in school.

Welcome, by the way.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:01 pm
Goldenheart says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm Goldie.

You're a teacher? What sort? I assume you're an English teacher, given the fact that you're a writer as well. What kinds of things do you write? Poetry? Short stories? Essays? Novels? What is your favorite part of teaching?

I hope to see you around! Enjoy the site!

All the best,

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:31 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! As a student this site has been very helpful. Anyway I hope you enjoy it here! See you around!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:03 am
Meshugenah says...

I'll agree with everyone else: my writing has improved by leaps and bounds since I joined (wow, over two years ago!).

Hi! I'm Bek, but I usually go by Mesh here as it's easier to remember. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, one of my fellow administrators (in red) or moderators (green), or any of the lovely people who may volunteer!

Welcome to YWS!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:08 am
View Likes
luna_the_shiekah says...

Wow a teacher aboard! Welcome! I've found this website to be very helpful to me being a student myself. :] I hope your students find it useful and fun!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:28 am
McMourning says...

Ditto. In just the month I've been here, my writing style has changed--for the better. It sounds like a wonderful idea to post student work on here.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:39 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

I actually joined YWS when a friend of mine had an assignment to post her work on this other site that stole your copyright and we wanted to find a nicer alternative so she could retain the rights to her information. (Not that you care, but there, I said it!)

Anyway, this place is good! I would recommend it to students! If they join, tell 'em they can PM Meep any time for help. (You can, too, of course!)

May I ask what grade/subject you teach? (I'm assuming English, but you never know.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart