z

Young Writers Society

Name's Fabien and this is my first time. . .

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 pm
Fabien says...

Yes, so you see I've never been a part of a forum before, I've already managed to post two comments, and posted a topic of my very own called 'That Girl, That World' in Other Poetry. (This was before stumbling upon this section) As I've said before I'm awfully new to this sort of thing. Where to start, where to begin, is there anything important I should know?

Truth, love, freedom & liberation to all!

- Fabien.
The surrounding world
was an ugly one,
but we needed no beauty
other than the light
within each other's eyes. - "Modern World" * topic15452

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:50 pm
Meep says...

This is a good forum to start on, I can say that. (Otherwise you end up like me: bitter & jaded.)* This is one of those nice, welcoming, non-snarky places that makes newbs feel at home, instead of greeting them with a trial-by-fire. (Seriously, though, this is a nice place.)

It's nice too meet you, anyway. Please feel free to PM me with any questions, I don't bite.

Other than poetry, do you write anything else? What do you like to read? Etc. (Just to get the conversation going.)

---
*joking, mostly
βœ– I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm
Jennafina says...

Hey Fabien! Welcome to YWS! This was my first writing forum too.

Apart from poetry, what type of stuff do you write?

Things you should know? Hmm... Well, it's good to critique at least two things before you post something of your own, but it looks like you did that. The chatroom is a fun place to meet people, if you're interested.

I'm also available if you've got any questions. :) Just PM me!

See you around, and I hope you like the site!

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:17 pm
Prokaryote says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS. :)

Jenna's right about the chatroom, that can be fun. Also, I noticed the Oscar Wilde quote in your signature. You need to meet Claudette, she's obsessed with him. :lol:

See you around!

Prokaryote

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:31 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Fabien! Welcome to YWS.

Important things to know: read the rules in the Information forum and the FAQ in the Welcome forum for guidance. Big Brother (collection of moderators and administrators, the ones whose names are red and green) are always on hand to help in any situation. Comment twice as much as you post your own work as a minimum, and join in the random games and go in the chatroom so people recognise you. That's when you start to fit in.

Good luck!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:34 am
View Likes
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there Fabien! Welcome to YWS!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:34 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to the YWS!!!!!
What do you read? Write? Do you like chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Favorite author? Enjoy football or ice-skating?
Haha. There I go. Randomizing XD. Well, there's a lot of random. You'll fit right in! Carpe diem!

Best of wishes,
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:42 am
Trident says...

Welcome to YWS, Fabien. It's a wonderful place for writers. I hope you learn something while you're here. I know I have learned a lot.
Perception is everything.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 am
Emerson says...

Hey :-D

We seem to already know each other, or in the slightest, through talking. Either way, I thought I would welcome you.

Bienvenue!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic