z

Young Writers Society

Hello. Hola. Bonjour. Konichi Wa. Ola. Ni Hao.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:10 pm
Zafuel says...

Hey! I registered about a week ago, then forgot I had until I cleaned out my e-mail and... well here I am.

My name is Peter, and if anyone frequents any other forums with a Zafuel or Zaphael, that's probably me.

Just thought I'd say hello in six languages.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:25 pm
Emerson says...

Privyet :lol: (That's Russian, so there is a seventh language for you!)

Welcome to the forum, Peter! What do you write?

If you have any questions about the site or need help with something, go right ahead and PM me. Or if you want a critique, or if you just want to chat :-D I'm good on all of them.

I hope you enjoy that site, YWS is a really great place for young writers like yourself.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:59 pm
niteowl says...

Hello Peter, and Welcome, Bienvenidos, Beinvenue, Wilkommen, etc. We're always glad to see new people new, and I try to give everyone a gift! So heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's your gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:05 pm
Zafuel says...

Claudette wrote:Welcome to the forum, Peter! What do you write?

Science fiction, mostly, but recently I've been trying to write steampunk.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:10 pm
Dream Deep says...

You missed 'zdravstvichyeh', though. And 'allo'. (Yes, I think we're going to have to get Imp to check the transliteration on the first one.)

Welcome to the site, Zafuel. ^_^
Last edited by Dream Deep on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:12 pm
Meep says...

Oooh, steampunk. I've been attempting that, as well, and failing pretty much miserably. Time to go back and research. :oops:

Anyway, pleased to meet you, Zafuel/Peter. (Which would you prefer to be called?)

Is Zafuel/Zaphael an angel of anything in particular? It sounds like an angel-name, but it's not one I recognise.

Righto. I'm Meep. I can't promise that any other Meeps you know are actually me, but anything is possible. :D
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:31 pm
McMourning says...

Hallo! (That'd be German.)
Welcome to YWS!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:44 pm
Esmé says...

Czesc - That's in Polish :)

Anyways, welcome to YWS, I'll chorus everyone here. Hope you have fun!

Looking forwards to see your writing,

-elein

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:08 pm
Leja says...

In Polish, you can also say: "Dzen dobray!"

Welcome to YWS!

Random avatar

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:10 pm
Zafuel says...

Meep wrote:Oooh, steampunk. I've been attempting that, as well, and failing pretty much miserably. Time to go back and research. :oops:

Anyway, pleased to meet you, Zafuel/Peter. (Which would you prefer to be called?)

Is Zafuel/Zaphael an angel of anything in particular? It sounds like an angel-name, but it's not one I recognise.

Righto. I'm Meep. I can't promise that any other Meeps you know are actually me, but anything is possible. :D

Right, "Zaphael" is not an angel's name, but its modelled after them with the "ael" ending, so its supposed to sound like it. Zafuel is just an alternate spelling I've been using lately.

I'd prefer Peter, but I don't really mind either way (for reasons unknown, my physics teacher still calls me "Wiggles".)

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:33 pm
Meep says...

I was wondering why I hadn't seen the name before. (Uh, not that I research angels in my spare time or anything.)*

---
*lie! I loooove angel lore.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:27 pm
Goldenheart says...

Peter!

Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo!
(Formal greeting in elvish.) :)

Welcome and hello! It's nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing your work, and I'd love to help in any way I can!

See you around!

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:35 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome! Hey, out of curiosity, what in the world is steampunk?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:24 pm
Zafuel says...

[quote=Goldenheart]Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo! [/quote]
Oh no... Do you actually speak it or just have a phrasebook?

luna_the_shiekah wrote:Welcome! Hey, out of curiosity, what in the world is steampunk?

"What would the world be like if the future had happened earlier?" Basically, think Victorian-era with steam-powered computers, planes, spacecraft... etc.

Of course, you'll have to wait until I post two reviews until you can see any of my steampunk so... what point is there in knowing? [/ego]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:06 pm
Emerson says...

Steam punk is fun to read ^_^ Do you read any of it? That's basically all I ever read for scifi anyway, I've always had a thing for Jules Verne but lately I've read nothing by him. I did my French passé composé paper on him, all in French too! -_- Only to find out that it all should have been in the imparfait later on... grrr tenses.

But er...anyway, enough about languages. What I meant to say: Do you read Jules Verne? And speaking of books in general, what do you like to read, who are your favorites?

You missed 'zdravstvichyeh'
Sadly, my Russian book is at Papa's house, I remember learning this word (I recognize it in the slightest, even if your trans. of it is wrong) but eh... I've been meaning to learn my vocab for Russian, it's just never happened.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien