14%
when there's nothing else to do
14%

Total votes : 14

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:50 pm
Leja says...

Hey all, I'm new here, and am so thrilled to see such an active writing community; I can't wait to start posting! I remember in the days of olde, when there was nowhere for young writers online.... think harsh adult forums and writing sites for preschoolers.... so just imagine how thrilled I am to have found this place

-Amelia

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hi and welcome to the YWS, Amelia-san!
Yes, it is excellent to have a healthy, active site. I was shooting fireworks out of my ears, I was so eager to join. And the people are awesome.
Just remember to write 2 critiques before posting your own work, read the FAQs but most of all, have fun! :mrgreen: Glad to have you, Amelia-san!
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:28 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there AmeliaOliver! Welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast_789, also know as gymnast...or just gym. I agree with Baroness Ink, this is a really good site, which I was thrilled when I found it, and all the people here are great! What kind of things do you write?

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here...I know you will. If you have any questions, need a critique or anything else, feel free to PM me! See ya around and have fun!

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:41 pm
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS! What kinds of stuff do you like to write? Do you have any hobbies?

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

816 Reviews

Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:03 pm
Leja says...

Hobbies= learning

Yeah, that sounds INCREDIBLY nerdy, but learning is a very broad topic; I'm trying to learn Welsh, and I'm intent on learning Spanish to the point of fluency. Alguien se habla espanol aqui?

writing= ?

The type of story I write varies day by day. I have this running sci-fi-ish story based off the French Revolution (but I need to work out the plot holes before I post it anywhere) and then I have an ever expanding chick-lit story just for fun. The one story I've posted so far is a poem really, and is more or less my experiment in writing poetry (after I decided that the whole free verse of my edition of Odyssey was cool), and even I'll admit that it's a bit weird.

I'll extend the same thoughts to you all: feel free to PM me, especially if I make a major faux-pas. I'd rather have someone correct me than sit around in embarassing ignorance. :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:05 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I'm too tired to write anything more original, so I'll just give you your gift! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:11 pm
Jennafina says...

Hey AmeliaOliver! Welcome to YWS! Is there something shorter I can call you? (Amy? AO?)

I'm taking Spanish and Japanese. Welsh sounds cool but I can't speak it. :) Is it harder to learn than Spanish?

Your sci-fi sounds really cool. :) Are you going to post any of it?

I hope you like the site. See you around!

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 pm
Meep says...

AmeliaOliver wrote:Hobbies= learning

Yeah, that sounds INCREDIBLY nerdy, but learning is a very broad topic; I'm trying to learn Welsh, and I'm intent on learning Spanish to the point of fluency. Alguien se habla espanol aqui?

That's not silly at all! (It might be a little on the geeky side, but that's not bad at all.) It's actually one of my favorite pastimes. *geek*

Anyway, it's nice to meet you, welcome to YWS an' all that.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:36 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hey, hon. If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me. I speak spanish to near fluency, and Welsh, I'd love to learn Welsh.

Heehee, we are all geeks here, really.

See you around,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:16 pm
Poor Imp says...

'Lo Amelia. ^_^

Welcome to the site and all that. Ah, and your sci-fi inclined story sounds more than interesting - I hope you post it, as doubtless, you'd have more than merely me to read and comment. ^_^

Anyhow, as CL says, feel free to PM me any questions, that sort of thing. And welcome again.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:02 pm
Shine says...

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

:D
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

816 Reviews

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:51 pm
Leja says...

Jennafina wrote:Hey AmeliaOliver! Welcome to YWS! Is there something shorter I can call you? (Amy? AO?)

I'm taking Spanish and Japanese. Welsh sounds cool but I can't speak it. :) Is it harder to learn than Spanish?

Your sci-fi sounds really cool. :) Are you going to post any of it?

I hope you like the site. See you around!

-Jenna

Jenna,
I suppose you can call me by a nickname; I'm currently partial to Amy, Lia, and plain old Amelia, but I'm open to suggestions. Basically as long as I know you're talking to me, you can call me pretty much whatever you want. :)

Welsh, is more like my random obession. I found this bbc website by accident, and am learning off of audio clips from there. I find it really easy to pick up on the phrases, as most of it is presented in story form rather than gramatically. (I like the website a little too much; I rant and rave about it everywhere) Because of that, I find it easier than spanish; there are cognates in Welsh, as well, as far as I can tell (not as many as Spanish) such as "ashol" for "school" (it sounds closer when you say it).

addressing Poor Imp's response as well:
I might post mi story; I just need to transfer it between a few computers first (because some darned computers I work on don't have internet) and to do that, I need the motivation. I'm not really in love with anything I've posted so far, so maybe I'm just nervous about criticism, even though I do want it. The most obnoxious part about said story though, is that it has so many plot holes that I end up revising the basic plot daily, (I get random ideas for it in the middle of class, then frantically search for something to write on) so there's not much to post that's coherent.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Again, feel free to PM me

-Amelia

Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all frontiers.
— Yevgeny Yevtushenko