z

Young Writers Society

I Hope I am Welcome As A Beginner to onling Writing Groups

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm
Sean Pendr says...

Ello Mates, I'm Sean Pendr another one of you hopeful writers out there.....wahooo......Anyway I am Currently writing a book and then i wil write its prequal you can get to know this stroy and its characters through my later posts on the forum and please no theivery, that has happend to me before so im very cautious about that stuff. all my topics and updates will be called "The Rising Of The Written" or "The Rising Of The Written Update". My Blog currently has what i am willing to put up on this site right now and i will be posting more there then on the forums. Here is the URL :arrow: weblog.php?w=617[/u][/i][/b]
I do not want the first pithy lines that pop into your head. I'm not interested in that. I want plot, real characters, sharp dialogue. Plan, dream, live your story, then write it. Novel writing is not for the impulsive. ~Kitty15

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm
Cassandra says...

Wlecome to YWS, Sean! Remember to read the FAQ and make sure you critique two pieces of work for every piece you post, because the best way to get crits is to give them, of course!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:44 pm
Goldenheart says...

Hello, Sean!

Welcome! It's great to meet you. I'm Goldie, and I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

All the best,

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:47 pm
Chandni says...

Welcome Sean, make yourself feel at home :) I hope you won;t have to experience thievery again, I hardly doubt there will be thievery around here :)

Ah well, as Cassandra said, don't forget to critique 2 pieces for every piece you post!

Cheerios, Chandni
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:03 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to YWS!
Yeah. :echoes everything already said:
Read the FAQ, review 2 pieces, vote for stuff, join a usergroup.
Any favorite authors?
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:12 pm
Via says...

Hello Sean! Welcome to the YWS!

Hope you enjoy the site.

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:28 pm
McMourning says...

Welcome, Sean!
It nice that you have part of your story in your blog. But be sure to place part of it in the Literary forum, as well. There, more users will have access to it, and you'll receive more advice.

Best of luck,

McMourning
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:39 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey Sean...welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it here! Like some other people said, if you have any questions or need a critique feel free to PM me! See ya around!

58 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:16 pm
Sean Pendr says...

thanks everybody..... Also one of you asked who were my favorite authors? well the three gods of fantasy are Christopher Paolini, Garth Nix, and J.R.R. Tolkin. thank you agian and i will post my story on the forums.
I do not want the first pithy lines that pop into your head. I'm not interested in that. I want plot, real characters, sharp dialogue. Plan, dream, live your story, then write it. Novel writing is not for the impulsive. ~Kitty15

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:48 pm
Ego says...

*laughs* Paolini is nowhere near a "god" of fantasy. Not even a demi-god, as it were. He's like...a smudge.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

280 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:05 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Lol...for me there's Rowling, Wynn Jones and Baum :) Oz is the best :D
Last edited by Sumi H. Inkblot on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohmeohmy

58 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:07 pm
Sean Pendr says...

Paolini is so a god! any anyone who disagrees should face his wrath.

Poalini will slap you with his fan leters upright to the head!

280 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:13 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hehe....I hope he wouldn't. Oldschool for me! :raises copies of "Howl's Moving Castle" and "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz":
ohmeohmy

58 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:14 pm
Sean Pendr says...

If you want i can do reviews and full edits like this, what i did for Nate on his short story The Beach:

LET THE REVIWING BEGIN NOW!!!!!!!!!! ok.......if hes already outside why did he pull a fleece out of nowhere and put it one, lack of minor detail there may i suggest making a sentace like ' because it was so cold in mid april he grabbed a fllece form the hook behind the door.'.....'back in ( add comma ) then scold'.......'from Hurricanes ( add period - delete comma ) So along'...........'crashing waves, ( delete 'and' ) noone (one word) to prod'........felt comfortably ( do you mean 'a level of comfort' ? ).......... a very nice description of your character........'his age (delete comma) in kitty hawk'.........'The sky right now was dimly lit and the sun had not yet risen, although he could tell that it was only a few minutes from doing so for a few rays were already breaking over the horizon.' (revise sentance)......'all the more seem' ('seem all the more').........'come out (delete comma) he looked'....... 'house (add period - delete 'after' - add the word Later ) he noticed'.........'quickly decide(+d) to pretend'.........show it (add 'though'), instead'.........'few stores ( revise to stories) that stayed'........ in front of hair (revise to her).............Good Very good....i like it you foollowed the quot "simplicity in detail, send this to a publisher after these corrections its ready for a short story anthology, plus that would help you later if you decide to get something more serious published....if you want i can hook you up with an editor... she has helped me greatly in the past when i published some of my peoms......let me know what you want to do untill then review is now over, thus has begun "THE BEGINNING OF THE ENDING"

this is a complete edit and revise of his short story ready for the touch of a publisher!

PM me or post here if you want one done for one of your works, i also do peotry.......please limit the number as i will do only one each day.

58 Reviews

Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:15 pm
Sean Pendr says...

booyah howls moving castle such a great anime it made!!!!!!!

uwu
— soundofmind