z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 pm
hpz7 says...

Helloo!
I google searched "young writers" and voila! The Young Writers Society. I got so excited because I love to write, and I write often but I usually only have one friend I can share my stories with. Now I have a whole site of people! YAY!

I usually write regular fiction, and occationally fantasy. I love to read as much as I love to write and sometimes I find that I'm sort of writing the way my favorite authors write, and I can't really help it.

So, yeah, thats basically it! :)

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:59 pm
missbyron says...

omg same! i mean the Google part..lol

laters

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:41 pm
Firestarter says...

You found the best Young Writers site there is. Lucky you!

Welcome! About writing the same way you've just read, that happens to me too. I think it's a natural thing. You want to emulate your favourite authors, but in the end, we all have to develop our own style, and by writing more and more you will start to find your own place away from other writers. Until then, it's very easy to be influenced by a good new read. I struggle with it too!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:07 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to YWS, my friend! Enjoy your long stay and ask many questions!

Nice to meet you.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:14 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to the YWS!
Find a beverage...write....goof around...rate someone's avatar...yeah. This is the online life :P Glad to have you aboard!
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:12 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Bonjour et Bienvenue :-)

This place is awesome to share your work, we have so many good writers and critics out there! The whole site in general is a really great, great place. If you have any questions or need help with something, feel from to PM me and I'll do my best :-) Also, if you want a critique you can Pm me ;-)

I hope you enjoy the site! What do you read?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:17 am
Prokaryote says...

Hi! I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

I echo Clau's question: What do you read?

Prokaryote

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:24 am
Nagem says...

Welcome to the YWS. Everyone here is friendly and, obviously, likes writing. Since I, aparently, am lacking anything creative to say at the moment (i'll blame my little sister and her best friend whom i've been with all day for that one), i'll say again, welcome and hope to see you around.
I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. ~Mark Twain

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome to YWS! I found the site the exact same way. It's a great place to get critiques on other people's work ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:56 am
Via says...

Hello, welcome to the YWS!

What do you mean by 'regular fiction'? As in, reality fiction? I'm a firm believer in reality fiction :)

Anyway, welcome to the YWS and I hope you enjoy the site!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:03 am
hpz7 says...

Wow, people here are so nice.. :D

As to what I read, well, I read anything I can get my hands on. The only genres I don't read all that much are science fiction and...thats just about it. Lol, I read reality fiction, fantasy, historical fiction, and even non-fiction from time to time.

I think at this moment my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. Wonderful book, really. Right now, I am reading 1984.
"Censorship is the child of fear and the father of ignorance" - Laurie Halse Anderson

"To fly, we must have resistance." -Maya Lin

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity." -Albert Einstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:35 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast_789, also known as gymnast or gym for short.

I love to read as much as I love to write

me too! :D

my favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird

I'm reading this right now as an english assignment...but your right. It a really good book! I'm almost finished with it can't wait to see what happens!

Well, anyways, I hope you enjoy it here...I know you will. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, need a critique or any thing else feel free to PM me! See ya around!

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman