z

Young Writers Society

What is this?

Reviews: 4
Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 pm
paintedcookie says...

Hi, everybody!
I'm Monica, and as you can guess, I'm new around here. I write in a variety of different genres from drama to romance to fantasy and really, just whatever else my brain feels it's in the mood for. Actually, I haven't written anything for a very long time now and I'm hoping I'll be able to get some constructive criticism and feedback on my writing while I find my groove and inspiration again.
As for genres that I read; I am often found with my nose stuck in a good fantasy novel or anything that will make me laugh. Although, I will pretty much pick up and read anything that has a gripping and interesting storyline no matter the genre.
So, what else can I ramble on about? Have I told you I like puppies? Well, I do. I have a tendency to be a bit random at times as well, but I won't expose you all to that just yet. Anyway, I'm looking forward to exploring the rest of the site!

Peace and rainbow streams,
Mon.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:15 pm
Firestarter says...

Welcome to the site, Monica! Randomness is intrinsic to the inner workings of YWS, so you'll fit right in like a cog to the machine ... err, that sounds weird.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:13 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to the YWS!
You'll be like popcorn against the bottom of the vacuum cleaner of the YWS site! :P
Yeah, I'm random. Very random. (ARCTIC BANANA!)Sumi's the name, hockey's not my game.
Hope you find your muse soon! Try leaving a cookie out ^_~
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:18 pm
Esmé says...

'llo,

Wleocme to YWS, hope you have fun! Love fantasy also, and generally every book I can get my hands on. Well, almost. :)

-Elein

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:10 pm
Via says...

Hi Monica!

Welcome to the YWS! Ooo...constructive criticism we have here :D

Hope you enjoy the site.

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:24 pm
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS, Monica! We heart new members and randomness, so you'll fit right in here. ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:22 am
paintedcookie says...

Yay!

Thank you all for the very warm and random welcomes!
How could I have forgotten the cookies!
Cookies for everybody!

Thank you all again!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:30 pm
Jennafina says...

Mmm... cookies! ^_^

Welcome to YWS! I also like puppies, though I think kittens are cooler.

Speaking of randomness... Random questions!

What is your favorite type of thing to write? Favorite book? Favorite movie? How long have you been writing? Where do you want to live if you could choose anywhere? If you could have one fantasy creature as a pet/friend, what would you pick?

Bwahaha. Don't worry, you don't have to answer all of them. Lol.

Hope you like the site!

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:13 pm
paintedcookie says...

Ooh!
I love random questions!
In order of questions:
- Well, I go through different phases but right now I seem to be expressing the romantic in me a lot; I guess that's better than that depressing phase I had going on a couple of years ago.
- Hard question, at the moment a book compiled of letters and sketches and quotes of the artist Degas; odd, I know, but awesome.
- Don't really have one, not much of a movie buff but I do have a thing for Johnny Depp movies at the moment.
- Since I could put two sentences together, I guess; sometimes I think my writing back then was a lot better than it is in the condition I'm in at the moment.
- Probably London or Paris, I don't know, just something about the culture and the lifestyle draws me to those places, but then again, I don't know how long I would last without a beach to sunbathe on.
- Would it be too cliche to say Dragon? Haha Yeah, I was born in the year of the dragon so I've always had a soft spot for them.

Woohoo! I answered all the questions!

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:22 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Oi. Welcome to YWS. Enjoy your stay. Don't eat the tuna. :O

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg