z

Young Writers Society

We're all new at some point or another ^_^

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:34 pm
RipTide says...

Hey everyone.. yup- I'm new!

Just thought I'd give a hello to get people to notice me ^_^ I love writing and I'm currently starting a book (although its been in non-official progress for a long time...) and in the future I'd like to write books outside of my job, which I hope will be some kind of photo journalism =]

So.. yeah. Hello 'ello.

EDIT: Heh.. guess I should mention my name is Kedzie.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:39 pm
Jennafina says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS. I'm Jenna, and if you have any questions you can PM me. :)

What's your book about? Do you have a favorite genre?

Photo journalism sounds cool. Are you into photography now?

Anyway, I hope you like the site! See you around.

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:45 pm
RipTide says...

Hyea Jenna ^_^

My book is a fantasy, based on re-occurring dreams I've had over the past couple years. I finally decided to take them and put them onto paper, but as a story of their own. I'm so meticulous with planning and such... not really into the story itself as much as I am the basic layout and my plans with it.

Favorite genre is fiction in general. Love fantasy, love mysteries, etc etc.

And yeah, I'm really into photography. And I can proudly say I'm pretty good at it too. One day hopefully it'll be part of my career.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 pm
Jennafina says...

Hyea Jenna ^_^

My book is a fantasy, based on re-occurring dreams I've had over the past couple years. I finally decided to take them and put them onto paper, but as a story of their own. I'm so meticulous with planning and such... not really into the story itself as much as I am the basic layout and my plans with it.

And yeah, I'm really into photography. And I can proudly say I'm pretty good at it too. One day hopefully it'll be part of my career.

Your story sounds cool! My favorite part of writing a story is the planning. I'm not that great at the writing part, lol. Fantasy is my favorite genre.

What type of things to you take pictures of? You could post them. ;) Good luck on the career!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 pm
deleted6 says...

Hey sorry for those idiots. Welcome to YWS don't worry we're not all ass holes.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 pm
Esmé says...

Ello,

Welcome to YWS, hope you have fun! I also write fantasy, (fantasy my love, lol). What are you fave writers?

If you have any questions, or just want to, feel free to PM me!

-elein

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 pm
Squall says...

RipTide wrote:Hyea Jenna ^_^

Hey and welcome to YWS. Ignore those two newbies at the top, they don't know what they are talking about. Anyways, I see that your a fantasy fan. Well I'm a fan of fantasy too, but a specific form of fantasy: Final Fantasy

It's nice that you are dedicated in writing a story. I don't have much free time lately and I don't have time to make edits and improve my story. Your story sounds interesting, however, if everyone that happened was a dream, won't it put the reader off? Just a thought.

You should join the chat, that way, you can get to know some members on YWs.

Anyways, laters for now

Andy
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:35 pm
McMourning says...

Hello, Kedzie!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:50 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hi and welcome to the YWS! I'm Sumi.
How long have you been writing? Favorite food? Do you pick your nose? (J/k :lol: :mrgreen: )

If ya want a random conversation, PM me! I love random PM'ing! :D :mrgreen:

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:25 pm
RipTide says...

Heh... I've loved to write since as long as I can remember- I even compete in online writing battles which, on another forum site, I've gotten pretty decent at. But I'd rather not intermix these online "worlds.."

Favorite food: Lobster <3 seafood
Do I pick my nose? No. That had to be answered. Just no. =P

Squallz, I'm not so sure I follow your comment, you said something about readers being turned off that the story is a dream, and I thought it should be said that the book itself is in no way a dream. It's just that many of my ideas for characters and such stemmed from some repetitive dreams and thoughts.

I can't say I have a favorite author. I think the only time I ever really had specific favorites was when I was little (JK Rowling and Brian Jaques) But now, I read whatever looks good.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Myth says...

Hello!

Welcome to the site! I have weird dreams which I turn into short stories or use for character development. It's fun rewriting dreams. Hope to see you around :mrgreen:

I'm Myth by the way!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:15 pm
Cassandra says...

Dreams are indeed a good place to get inspiration--I've written short story based on a snapshot of a dream I vaguely remembered and wrote down when I woke up one morning.

How are you liking the site so far? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:33 pm
Via says...

Hey! Welcome to the YWS!

Hope you enjoy it here and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:11 pm
Goldenheart says...

Hey, Kedzie!

Interesting name!

I'm a new writer too, just joined yesterday, and I'm loving it! I'm sure you'll like it too. You're the only person I've ever met who reads Brian Jacques! Which book is your favorite?

You said your novel is in progress? Is this your first one? Or are you like me and have started many stories, but finished few?

I'm sure, since I'm a fellow newbie, I've no right to be on the 'Welcoming committy', but I thought I'd say 'hi' anyway. :)

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Random avatar

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:03 pm
RipTide says...

^__^ My favorite was Tagerung, although I haven't read loads of them. Pearls of Lutra was pretty good too.

This is my first book started, but with the plans I have in progress it should stem into a trilogy.

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest