z

Young Writers Society

Howdy

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:33 pm
Manny says...

Hello, everybody! Well, my name's Mike and I joined this place because I like being around others who like the same thing I do: writing. I like to write Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Horror, although most is a mixture of two of those topics. Right now I'm working on the outline for my most promising idea yet, Dragon Eye, which will be the first of hopefully many books in the series. I have a problem with procrastination, but make up for that with my imagination. I have a talent for taking cliche things and making them unique, which you might see in action with my writing. Anyway, if you want to know anything else just ask and I'll tell. And being the nooblet that I am, I posted this in the About the Authors forum!

Thanks,

Mantis

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:08 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Konbanwa and welcome to YWS, Mantis!
I'm Sumi/Ink (vote dragon! :P )and write Fantasy/Sci Fi. You see a lot of me on here.

Congratulations! By joining this site you are now a member of "Procrastinators Unanimous"! Here's your badge...oh, the heck, you can have it later... ;)
Welcome and ja meta!
~Sumi :D
ohmeohmy

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:51 am
Myth says...

Welcome Mike!

I'm Myth. I love fantasy, historical and sci-fi.

Would love to see what you come up with. See you around the site :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:41 pm
Jennafina says...

Hi Mike! I'm Jenna. Welcome to YWS!

I like fantasy/sci-fi, sometimes they're good mixed, too. How long have you been writing?

That's cool about the cliché thing. Stories that take something old and make it new and original are pretty awesome. I have a kids' book called Newfangled Fairy Tales that does that. It's really funny. :D

What's Dragon Eye about?

See you around, I hope you like the site. You can PM me if you've got any questions about anything and I'll get back to you right away.

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Via says...

Hey Mike, welcome to the YWS!

I am not much for fantasy so I'm afraid I don't really have much in common with you there. But, if you ever have any questions or anything feel free to PM me!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:17 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS Mike!

I love it when people take old over-used cliches and make them something totally different. One book in particular by a favourite author of mine, Chris Wooding, called Poison does this very well. It gives a whole new definition of a faerie (I think that's how he spells it).

So anyway, welcome, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster