z

Young Writers Society

The Wars have begun!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:28 am
-Wars- says...

How's it going? I'm Wars, as you can see, your average young writer. I enjoy writing fiction, usually some fantasy and sci-fi stuff. I hope to become a lawyer as an adult, writing perhaps as a secondary thing. ... :? ... ookay ... uh ... let's see, I guess you can post. lol
Your life is full of Wars. Live with it buddy; I'm cool!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:32 am
Emerson says...

bienvenue et bonjour!

So fantasy and sci-fi? That's exciting. Who are your favorite authors? Any Verne there?

If you have any questions or need help around the site feel free to pm me. [I'd offer my critiquing services as well but I am nothing for Fantasy and Scifi other than an editor, the opinion would stink ;-)]

Hope you enjoy YWS! And those Wars...
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:41 am
Cassandra says...

Hi -Wars-, and welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy the site, and feel free to PM me if you need any help. :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Konbanwa and welcome to YWS!
I'm Sumi or Ink. You see a lot of me on here, because I plan to be a writer. What are your hobbies? Play a instrument?

Welcome, hope to see you and your work soon! Ja meta!
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:40 am
Crysi says...

Ooh, a lawyer, eh? Very interesting. I'm considering that route myself. Maybe I'll see you in court sometime. ;)

Hah, some might say writing fantasy helps with being a lawyer - they constantly make up stuff to fit their case. ('Twas a joke.)

Anyway, a good place to start would be to read the rules on various forums. Then, read a few of the pieces in the forums you're interested in, just to get an idea of what goes on here. While you're at it, critique a few pieces - we encourage writers to critique more than they post their own work, just to keep things enjoyable and beneficial to all.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or the like, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins. We don't bite. Hard. At first. I promise. ;)
Love and Light

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:52 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Hi Wars! Most that needs to be said has already been said, like PM any of us if you have any questions, etc. etc. There is only one thing left be said, and that is... vote Dragon!!

Hope you enjoy yourself here,

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:04 am
Myth says...

Hello Wars!

I'm Myth. I love reading and writing fantasy, historical and sci-fi. See you around the site :mrgreen:
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats