z

Young Writers Society

'Ello, Mates!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:34 am
Spark says...

No, I'm not from Australia, so there was no reason for my subject other than the fact I have run out of creative subjects to use.

I'm Spark, if you haven't guessed. Don't call me Sparky. I don't like it. I'm not a dalmation.

I'm 15: a sophomore. I write realistic fiction, mostly short stories, but I'm trying to write a novel as we speak. It's slow going. I tend to lose the ever elusive muse to write quite often. Really, what keeps me going is feedback and having other people read my work. And since not many teenagers I know have a passion for writing, this looks like a good place to do it.

I hate math and science, love English and history. I challenge myself in school so I don't have a lot of spare time. I have a horse, her name is Lily. I have to pay for everything of hers myself ($400 a month give or take), so I have a job. I live 45 minutes west of Boston. I like to keep writing pleasure not a career, and I'd rather like to be a lawyer.

--Spark
Last edited by Spark on Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:44 am
bubblewrapped says...

Welcome to YWS :D
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:03 am
Loose says...

i resent that!! australians dont go around saying "ello mates" and "gday luv", like everyone thinks, in fact ive never said "ello mates" before in my life, so can you not be so stereotypical, espescially where i can read.

on a more positive note, welcome to yws.

you might want to watch your step around me when it comes to stereotypes and jokes about Aussies and Kiwis (yes bubbles, ive changed my ways, given im half kiwi and should be more proud of it)

HOPE YOU HAVE FUN HERE!!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:08 am
Kay Kay says...

My fiance's nickname is sparky so no i won't be calling you that so don't worry. Hey i'm kay kay and welcome to yws!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Myth says...

Hello Spark!

I'm Myth. I love English and History, if you need anything let me know. See you! :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:33 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to YWS, Spark!
I'm Sumi/Ink. :holds up a banner that says, "Teenage Writers Unite!": :D
That banner says it all. Really. :D
Welcome, I hope to see you and your work around soon!
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

7 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:51 pm
Spark says...

Haha, actually, Little-Lucy, one of my best friends is from Australia and I know they don't actually do that :) I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Hello, everybody else!

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:53 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I hate English and History, and I love math and science. :O

Heh. Welcome to the YWS. Feel free to ask any questions, and have lots o' fun n' junk n' stuff. :D

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hullo! Welcome to YWS! Very cool that you have a horse. I'm in Southern California and in the section of it that's mostly urban and/or desert. The most I've ever ridden a horse is a pony at a fair. XD

If you want to chat or have questions you can PM me ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:18 pm
dittylicious says...

Welcome, Spark! You are really ambitious for your age, I think that is so admirable!

I was never one for horses, because I am a very tiny person and they are oh-so-big, and that was always quite intimidating to me, but I always thought if I got over that silly fear, I'd probably like it!

I'm sure you'll get the feedback you need here, and if there's any question or comment you have for me ever, feel free to PM!
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:59 pm
Meep says...

Spark wrote:Really, what keeps me going is feedback and having other people read my work.

Amen, sistah. :D

Anyway, s'good to meet you.
I'm Meep, &c., ad nauseam.
Don't worry, I won't ever call you Sparky. I swear.

A friend of mine is both a lawyer and a career writer, so you can have it both ways. (obligatory link)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS, Spark! If you have any questions or need help, feel free to PM me, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

7 Reviews

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 am
Spark says...

A friend of mine is both a lawyer and a career writer, so you can have it both ways.

Well, maybe I'll become a lawyer, and then make enough money so if it turns out I'm an awful writer I can survive. :) That's one lucky person.

Y'all are so friendly :)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:42 am
Crysi says...

Another wannabe lawyer, eh? Way cool.

By the way, I'm absolutely in love with your icon! Very cool indeed.

Don't worry, I won't call you Sparky - I have some emotional ties lingering with that name, so Spark will do. Maybe Sparks, with an s, if I'm feeling friendly.

Sounds like you're gonna fit right in here, Spark! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins, and we'll do our best to help. :)
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:50 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there Spark! I'm gymnast_ 789. People call me gymnast or gym for short.

I think its so cool that you have a hourse! I wish I had one. I love horses. I always go over to my friends house so I can ride hers :D

Well, anyway I hope you enjoy it here. If you have any questions or need a critique feel free to PM me! See ya around! :mrgreen:

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26