z

Young Writers Society

Is it a little late for a formal hello?

Reviews: 2
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:33 am
dittylicious says...

Hi guys!

It's kind of funny, since I've posted everywhere, but I just realized that I never formally introduced myself at any place, so I thought, what the heck, I'll do it here and now!

My name is Sammi, but feel free to call me Ditty. That was my nickname all through high school and I LOVE it, so it is definitely preferred! However, if you'd like to get creative and give me another nickname, you wouldn't be the first person. I think I could win the award for the person with the most nicknames.

Okay, on to more important stuff! I am a music education major in college, so that means I'm studying to be a teacher, and I play the oboe. I also play flute, piano, and I sing. I'm very much into theatre, and was recently a cast member for The Vagina Monologues at my school. It was a great experience, and I'm planning on acting more in the future when time permits. I'm also a member of a sorority on campus, and a DJ for our school's radio station.

When I'm not doing any of THAT stuff, I love reading and writing. I do both any chance I get, and I find both are such a good way to relax and with writing I can truly express myself. I have found it to be a tool that I am sure I will use for the rest of my life.

I have three blogs right now, and so far, nobody has checked them out, which makes me really sad!! So, if you'd like to send a comment to any one of them, you can post right on the blog, you don't have to be a member...here they are...

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com (my journal)

http://debunkingfantasy.blogspot.com (my book-in-progress)

http://worddoodles.blogspot.com (my monologues/other stuff)

So, this was really long, but yeah, as you can tell, I'm quite verbose, which is why I guess I love writing so much.

And that's the end of my formal greeting! Enjoy!
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:45 am
Myth says...

Hello!

Never too late to stumble into this forum. I'm Myth and I used to play the clarinet. I'll take it up again - one day.

What genre do you like to read/write? I prefer fantasy, historical and sci-fi. :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome! ;)

Better late than never, right? I'm such a bad kid: I never introduced myself in this forum.

I play alto and bari saxophone right now in my school's band. Fun stuff!

I hope you've enjoyed the site so far: of course, if you have any questions you can PM me, but you probably understand the site by now. :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Reviews: 2
Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:12 pm
View Likes
dittylicious says...

Hey, Myth!

Unfortunately, my imagination isn't the greatest, so my writing tends to stay in the realm of reality. I'm a big fan of books that are in journal or diary form, so chances are, I'll write something along those lines sometime. I'm very much into Bridget Jones' Diary, The Diary of a Teenage Girl, Go Ask Alice, and all that stuff.

As far as reading, I'm really open to reading anything. Just this winter, I took a romance novels course, and beforehand, I had never really read romance novels. Now I make sure they are a part of my reading rotation.

Right now I'm reading the true crime story of the Zodiac killer. I like reading books that are non-fiction or that have that really real emotional feel to them. Something about it helps me experience it that much more, if I can feel it happening.

So, that's enough of my chatter for now. (Not like I didn't blab enough already!)
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Flute, piano, singing, yeah! I play both flute and piano (I'm TEACHING myself piano, we only have a dinky electric one...)and a first soprano! :high-fives ditty: AND A CALVIN AND HOBBES FAN! :another high-five: Reader AND writer! :another high five:
:D
Glad to meet you! I'm Sumi, which you already know 'cuz I've signed your guestbook, :D. It would be weird to say "welcome" 'cuz you've been a member of YWS for longer then me, so... WELCOME! ;) :D
ohmeohmy

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:18 am
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to the site. I think I posted a lot of stuff before i even introduced myself. It's an unknown mystery. I'm Kay Kay and feel free to pm me anytime!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour