z

Young Writers Society

HelloOOOoo! I am New here! Lol!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:28 pm
Macky says...

Hiya! My name is Mackenzie but everyone here can call me Macky! I just met the author of Nancy Drew Mysteries and she told me about the hundreds of sites where I can post my ideas and stories! I plan to become a writer one day but so far nobody has ever read my work! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anyway, :D I hope you all love it! :P But Please do me a favor, Don't steal my work! Lol! Anyhoo! Hello!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 pm
Emerson says...

Bienvenue et Bonjour!

Don't worry, most young people don't know this, but technically even by writing something down onto a piece of paper (or placing it on the internet) gives you a very weak form of copyright. Getting something from the copyright office is always helpful, but I believe you have to pay...even then, no one will steal your work. And if they do, report them!!! hee.

Anyhooble, if you have any questions, want a critique, need help around the site, or anything really feel free to PM me. Can't wait to see your work up!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Konbanwa, Macky-san, and welcome to YWS! I'm Baroness Ink, but please call me Ink or Sumi.

Don't steal my work. I won't steal yours ;) Promise.

Anyway, since I'm new, DON'T PM me if you have a question. I'll probably give a wrong answer or something. :lol:

Hope you enjoy YWS as much as I have so far, and I hope to see your work soon!

~Ink
ohmeohmy

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:28 pm
Wiggy says...

Macky! You totally love to use exclamation points!!! Just like me!!!! Whee!!!!! (Finally, a kindred spirit. ;))

Welcome aboard the YWS wagon! I'm Wiggy, and I'm just crazy about YWS. Good thing that author recommended you-you've stumbled upon the best site in the universe for writing! The members are great, your writing will be critiqued helpfully, and you'll make amazing friends! (I hope I'm counted as one of them. :D)

If you have any questions or just need to talk, feel free to pm me (I'm on constantly), and I'll catch ya later!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:36 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS Mackenzie!

That's cool that you want to be a writer, i'd love to as well. What do you like to write? Nancy Drew used to be favourites of mine too, that's so cool that you met the author!

You're welcome to PM me if you have a question or want me to critique something. :wink:
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:32 am
dittylicious says...

Hey, Macky! It's really nice to see so many new people here like myself! Now I don't feel so alone, haha.

That's very cool that you met the author of the Nancy Drew mysteries. What a great experience to have! Sadly, a lot of the authors I'd like to meet are no longer with us, but anyways, that's bringing down the mood a bit...haha...

I don't think you really have to worry about people stealing your writing here. Everyone is really nice, and I haven't met a kleptomaniac yet...

So, feel free to send me a PM or anything whenever if you wanna chat! I'm up for talking anytime!
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:40 am
Myth says...

Hello Macky!

Never read Nancy Drew but I'd love to meet any author, even if I'm not a fan.

I'm Myth. Let me know if you want anything. See you! :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 pm
Alainna says...

Welcome!!!

I'm new too so it would probably not be such a fab idea to ask me any questions because i don't want to give you a wrong answer :oops:

But welcome to YWS and ill see ya around hopefully!!!!

Alainna
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:58 pm
Meep says...

Macky wrote:I just met the author of Nancy Drew Mysteries and she told me about the hundreds of sites where I can post my ideas and stories!

Really? That's so awesome! :D

I hope you post some of your work, so we can read it. I don't think you have to worry about anyone from YWS stealing it.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:11 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Ah, Nancy Drew. My mother was more a fan of those than I ever was. It's very neat that you met the author though!

I've mostly just met some actors/actresses that aren't particularly famous. Unless you count the encounter I had with Hilary Swank shortly after she won her first academy award.

And I hope to see some of your work when I get around to looking at it! Feel free to PM me with questions if need be!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 am
Crysi says...

Hey Macky! Welcome to the forums! :D

Isn't it fun meeting the authors of well-known books? I have a few emails from the author of the Pendragon series... Both giving me advice on writing! It's so cool!

Anyway, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins if you have any questions, okay? Have fun!
Love and Light

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:37 am
Jennafina says...

Hello! I'm Jenna.

That's cool about meeting the Nancy Drew author. I haven't read Nancy Drew, but I almost got a chance to meet Tamora Pierce. I hadn't read her books yet so I didn't even want to. *dies inside*

If you send a text copy of your story to yourself in a sealed envelope it's kind of like a copy-write. The post office dates it for you, and then you get it back in the mail. As long as you keep it sealed, if anyone tries to say your story is theirs you can show them the date. ^_^ It's not as good as something official, but it might work. I don't think anyone on here would steal, though.

Anyway, welcome to YWS. See you around!

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:29 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Welcome! I'm gymnast_789, you can call me gym, or gymnast for short. If you need a critiqe or have any questions feel free to PM me. I hope you enjoy it here! See ya around!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:16 am
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to the site. I'm Kay Kay. Feel free to pm me anytime.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg