z

Young Writers Society

Heya

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 am
Pacific says...

Well, I've never been to good with intros, so here I go.

I'm a fifteen year-old homeschooled girl that loves writing (gee, I wonder why I joined...:wink: ). I live on a mini-farm with horses, goats, pigs, cats, chickens and a dog. I'm a computer geek, like I make websites and stuff. Anyone who doesn't have an email is living in the stone age :D.
I also love history, even if the story I'm working on now is fantasy (without magic). It's only 9 typed (in font 10) pages long, but I'm in the process of rewriting it (this is the third time :) ). I doubt I'll ever go so far as to publish it, though I have read nearly every book about novel writing that my library owns.
I'm an Eoin Colfer (Artemis Fowl) fan, majorly. I've read all his books (besides The Wishlist, my library doesn't have that :( ). I've also read all of Brian Jacques books (except the newest Castaways book).
Well, this looks long enough to me :D. I look forward to meeting everyone, although I can't say I'll remember your names :), it's a blonde thing :D.

-Kiley (pseudonym)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:15 am
Emerson says...

Bienvenue Pacific!

You sound cool :-) I had a pet pig once! And we still do have chickens, though I think we are getting rid of them. And I have an insane number of dogs. (All these animals are at my mothers house XD)

So what is the word count of your story?

Great to have you along. if you have any questions, need some help on the site, or would like a critique, PM me and I'll do my best!

My names not too hard to remember, and I have many nicknames. Clau, Claud, Calu, 'Dette, Till. The list goes on.

Hope you enjoy :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:26 am
Meep says...

If you can find a copy of The Wish List on tape or CD, get it that way. The voices are great. "Tiiiiimes tickin' on, ticky-ticky-ticky!" *cough*
What's your favorite Redwall book, out of curiosity? (Mine's Mossflower.)
Can I ask for links to your webpages? (Please?) I do web design myself (sometimes).

Okay, enough questions. I'm Meep. Pleased to meet you.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:31 am
Via says...

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Meg, I mainly work on the poetry forums as a mod...but I hop around to stories occasionally. I'm probably the farthest thing from a computer geek, in fact I'd prefer no internet at all [except the YWS, of course :) ) so I suppose we're a little opposite there. But, I live in farm country, walk 50 feet any direction and you've run into a cow, horse, pig, chicken, and probably a tractor or two.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything.
Last edited by Via on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Wow, a name that isn't followed by 91274872...

Welcome to the board Pacific.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:18 am
RunnerGirl05 says...

hey,
you sound pretty cool...all those animals you live with! awesome. 8) i'm new here too and still trying to figure out how to do things. that's cool how you're writing a short story, i'm actually trying to write my first one right now. good luck with it! :D maybe i'll talk to you sometime later! :D
make a point to make no sense, well, here it comes. -modest mouse

-JEN-

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:28 am
Pacific says...

Claud, My word count is 5,555 as of this mornin' :D. Thanks for the eagerness to help! ;)

Meep, Hmmm, my favortie Redwall book... I liked Triss and Marial of Redwall. But I liked 'The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman' the best. :D I'll PM you the websites I made (remind me if I don't do it by Wed), although they're not that good. I'm experimenting with CSS at the moment :D.

Griffin, I specialize in names that don't end in numbers :P. I hate giving myself a name with numbers, makes me feel like a prisoner :P

Thank you all for the warm welcome! My spidey sense says I'm gonna like it here :D
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:51 am
Myth says...

Hello Pacific!

I'm Myth. We had a chicken this time last year. He's dead now, but he woke us up every morning and it got annoying towards the end.

Anyway, I love history and have written only very short stories. One day I'll attempt a complete novel.

Trust your spidey senses.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:48 pm
Macky says...

Nice to meet you! I am a computer geek too! Lol!
Anyhoo, I am Macky and I am 13!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 pm
Macky says...

And does anyone know how to get an avatar? -_-

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare