z

Young Writers Society

Greetings, Puny Mortals.

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:57 am
BrokenSword says...

All right, I'll admit I'm not that frightening. But everyone likes an interesting topic title, right?

Anyways, I'm BrokenSword, and I'm brand new to this community. I am a young creative writer, 17 years old, and I've been writing stories since I was little. I am starting to consider writing a novel, and I have some very foggy rough ideas floating around in my head, but it will take me a while to develop them into a good storyline.

I hope to put up some of my work here soon, and receive points or suggestions. Thanks, and I look forward to exploring this place.

S

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:18 am
Emerson says...

BienVenue!

If you have any questions, need help around the site, or want a critique, feel free to come bother me and I'll do my best :-D

Hope you have fun around the site. What genre do you write it? What is your experience with writing? Do you like to read and if so, what? The usual Q's.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:49 am
Cade says...

*is a puny mortal* *bows down*

Interesting subject line indeed! Welcome!

Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:05 am
BrokenSword says...

Claudette wrote:BienVenue!
Hope you have fun around the site. What genre do you write it? What is your experience with writing? Do you like to read and if so, what? The usual Q's.

Thank you,

I love to write dark stories (you almost never see a story of mine in which all the characters survive to the end). I write tragedy most of the time, but occasionally I like to pepper them with healthy doses of horror, mystery or romance.

No one's ever taught me how to write stories. In fact, no one ever really taught me how to read and spell; I figured it out on my own before anyone could even try (I think I was five when I started reading books and writing out words). I don't have any official experience in writing. It comes purely from my heart and mind. When I was abour eight or nine I wrote long stories circling around a man named Robert who rode a pegasus and had adventures around the world (LOL).

I LOVE to read. A couple of my favorite books are Charles Fraizer's "Cold Mountain" (an amazing piece of work) and Stephen King's "Christine". As with my preference in my writing, I like to read tragic, dark, or erie novels. Of course, I'm not completely against happy endings. I just don't like fluff. So I'm not a depressed, pale corpse sitting in front of a computer screen in a dark room typing away. :P

Thanks again for the welcome.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 am
Emerson says...

I love to write dark stories
That's great to hear, me too! Although, not everything is really 'dark' but you can always find a cynical side to something I am writing.

I like to read tragic, dark, or erie novels.
I'm with you in that one also, except I'm much more of a classic person and just lately am I getting into 'dark' books to read. Although, they're mostly just book about taboo and/or rough subjects.

I'm excited to see some of your work, you'll have to PM me when you post something so I can read it!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:24 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

BrokenSword wrote:I love to write dark stories (you almost never see a story of mine in which all the characters survive to the end). I write tragedy most of the time, but occasionally I like to pepper them with healthy doses of horror, mystery or romance.

Oooh a writer after my own heart. I hope to read some of your work. And if you need help, feel free to PM me ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:58 am
gymnast_789 says...

Welcome BrokenSword! I hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you have any questions or need a critique just PM me!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:00 am
Myth says...

Welcome BS,

I'm Myth--not a puny mortal :mrgreen: I don't think anyone ever taught me how to write a story,which is why I end up with a few random scenes without knowing why.

Good to have you on the site, I've seen your photography--which I love.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 pm
Via says...

Welcome to YWS!

I'm Meg, or aMego, or WM (..you will learn to be known as BS around here quickly lol). I'm a mod on the poetry forums, but I also write fiction--however, it's not usually very 'dark'. But, if you need anything or have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help!

Hope to see you around!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:14 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! It sounds like you've come to the right place (being young and a writer and all ;) ), and I hope you enjoy the site! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

--Cass :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:13 pm
gyrfalcon says...

"Who are you calling a puny mortal!" (sorry, that's Tannar talking, one of my main characters. ask Myth about how anying he can be)

Anyway, don't have much to say, just hello, I had to come and post on something with a subject as cool as that. Welcome, welcome darling--let me know if I can help with anything! *sighs* oh, to be seventeen again......... *feels old*

~gyr
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:23 am
McMourning says...

Welcome!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 am
Aet Lindling says...

*bows down*
dun worry
it's all gun be k

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg