z

Young Writers Society

heyy.. so yeh im new...

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:27 pm
LuckiestLoser says...

so..um..im new to all this. I've been on the site a few times and its always appealed to me, so i finally decided to join.
I've read a few peoples short stories..etc.. and they've all been awesome, so i just hope i can write something equally good.

Right well, me...
I'm 17, from South Wales in the UK.
Typical teenager really...like shopping, cinema, love my friends.
I Love to read. Alot. I'll read anything i can get my hands on...all types of stuff, short stories/novels/prose...anything really.
Although i must admit my favourite genre to read is fantasy and adventure, i get so caught up in the story.

...um... I'm still in school, doing my A-levels in English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry. Hope to go to uni to study literature or biology.

...don't really know what else to say...

so...
byeee :)

please read my stuff and tell me what you think, when i evevtually get something on here. :)
The road outside my house is paved with good intentions...

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:30 pm
Firestarter says...

Welcome to the site!

South Wales? My friend is currently studying at Cardiff University, and I'm going over there in a few weeks to see him. So I'll be near you!

Glad you joined! Cya around :)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm
niteowl says...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKIEST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY LOSES HERE AT YWS! IN FACT, YOU WIN A FREE GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:29 pm
Wiggy says...

Hi Lucky! I'm Wiggy, and it's awesome you're here! You definitely made the right decision when you joined YWS-you couldn't have picked a better place, in fact! The awesome members, insightful critiques, and amazing community + tons more make for one write writing site (excuse the pun)! (I love adventure, too-the thrill is the best part!)

If you have any questions or just need to talk, feel free to pm me! *huggles again* Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:04 pm
Emerson says...

Bienvenue :-)

If you have any questions, need help around the site, or want a critique feel free to give me a shout! Though, the best way to get critiques, is to give critiques! Often times, people return the favor in one way or another.

Glad to see you around! What sort of things do you write?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:34 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS! As Clau said, you'll definitely get crits on your work if you give them as well, and it seems like you're on the right track, having already read some pieces by others. PM me if you need any help, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:33 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay and if you critique people's work you're likely to get crits in return :D I'll take a look at your work in fact!

If you need any help, feel free to PM me!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:53 am
gymnast_789 says...

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here. I love to read too! Mostly fiction but I also enjoy historical fiction! If you have any questions or need a critique just PM me!

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:47 am
molly9009rae says...

HI! I'm new, too!

My name is Molly. I'm from Michigan, USA. Im 16, a sophomore (10th grade) at my high school.
I also love to read fantasy, action/adventure, even a bit of romance!
Im an accomplished Girl Scout (or Girl Guide, as everyone else calls us!) and am in a Rock Band called DOTH.
I have a lot to say, which I normally put into my writing.

If you ever need a person to look over your writing at all, Im normally free.

TOODLES FOR NOW!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:53 am
Myth says...

Hello and welcome!

Biology? I think Fish takes that, you'll see her around after half-term. Anyway, I also love fantasy and a bit of everything else.

I'm Myth, I'm on a lot so you can PM me if you ever need anything.
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote