z

Young Writers Society

Hi everybody!

Reviews: 4
Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:37 pm
gigirl942 says...

I'm Gigi!

And aspiring artist. My parents don't want my real age on here so I just put that I'm thirteen.

Here is an example of my work. Taken as a snippet of a story I'm writing.

I'm really having some trouble with the plot. But I have the main ideas already to do. I just don't know how to end it.

~~~

Dear Principal Steinback,

Due to me buying a house in Palm Springs, my daughter and I will be moving within the next two weeks and this is her last day in this school. I will be over this evening to fill out whatever forms are needed to transfer her out of this school. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Ms. Anabel Cross

That was the note Sylvia Cross solemnly handed her principal, who nodded understandingly when she was done reading it. Mrs. Lisa Steinback always hated to see even the most ill behaved student leave her school, especially when the child seemed so sad about leaving like Sylvia was. The middle aged woman with emerald eyes and straight golden hair tied up in an elegant bun inhaled deeply and looked as if she were about to say something when she was interrupted by the morning warning bell. Mrs. Steinback then only smiled.

"I hope you enjoy your final day here at Parsley, Sylvia," she said. "I think you should get to class now, and make sure to say goodbye to all of your friends and teachers."

Unless you were filthy rich and threw a huge farewell party for yourself, only inviting members of the 'in crowd', nobody was going to expect people to make a big deal about you leaving John Parsley Middle School. Usually, if you were going to move like Sylvia, you and your friends would have a little get together at your house that weekend to have cookies your mom baked and exchange cell phone numbers and email addresses. After that, you say your final goodbyes and make promises to write letters and meet again sometime soon. Then you move and all of the promises you made are broken. Your friends replace you with some other girl. No one replies to your emails. No one returns your calls and you also get new friends, and you never hear from your old friends again. The End.

~~~~

There is more than what I just wrote.

Oh yes, this is copywrited to ME and any use of it in other websites will resort in me reporting you.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am
Shine says...

Hi Gigi!

Welcome to the site!

and its not necesary that you have to show your age in your profile.

And another thing is I would suggest you to put your works example in under the literary forum under any of the threads here(the one in which your work fits) literature.php

people will be giving views on your work there.

And just a quick reminder please read the rules and reg it will help you out.

If have any questions pm me or anyone in here they will help you out.

see you around.
:wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:52 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS Gigi!

That sounds like a pretty good start to a story, i'd love to see more of it in the Literary section. What other kinds of things do you like to write?

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :wink:
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:52 pm
niteowl says...

Hiya Gigi! That does sound like an interesting beginnning, but please post your work in the literary forums.

Now all you need to be an official member of YWS is a gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:45 pm
magiclukehutch says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! I'm Luke and I hope you enjoy yourself.

I also hope to see you and your work around.

Luke 8)
Always happy to help!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 am
Wiggy says...

I totally knew your name when I saw your username. Wanna know why? Cause I have a friend named Gigi too. Love your name!

I'm Wiggy (Wigs, Wigster, Mary, Marbear, WL5, WG5, etc.), current insane member of YWS! *goes outside and does the hula* Okay, maybe not thaaaaat crazy. XD

Regardless, I'm really glad you're here! *huggles* You'll feel right at home here with all the great friends, amazing critiques, and all around great community there is. I really hope you enjoy yourself, and if you need to talk or just have a question, feel free to pm me!

See ya round!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:45 am
Myth says...

Welcome to the site, hope to see you around. :D
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome to YWS, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:54 am
Ahsh_Cosh says...

Hi, my name is Ahsha. I am Gigi's BFF. i like to write....DUH lol

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:57 am
Emerson says...

Bienvenue!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse