z

Young Writers Society

Konichiwa, let's get drunk. X3

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:39 am
Jetman123 says...

Hey there! Stumbled across this website via a friend's link and since I'm an aspiring writer I figured it would be good to come on here, get some tips and such. :P

I myself am a sixteen year old male with dark brown hair from good old Newfieland (Newfoundland and Labrador), Canada. Since I have various medical problems, the most notable of which is muscle degradation and osteoporosis in my knees (which prevents me from getting out much, the osteoporosis is because I had to go on corticosteroids for another condition awhile back). This leaves me with a lot of time lying around doing excersises with nothing to do. I have a passion for English and absolutely love writing, so I spend my time bouncing between Stronghold, The Sims, Doom, and writing my myriad of stories and fanfics. XD

So anyway, hi Bob, good to be here!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:47 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Konnichi wa!

Hehe, does that mean you like languages too, or was it just an alternative to 'hello'? ;)

So anyways, welcome to the site. Sounds like you'll fit in pretty well. What sort of stuff do you like to write then? What genre?

Osteoporosis doesn't sound good though... what exactly is it? Um... probably a stupid question, but I'm not sure. Something to do with bones?

Well, I should see you around the site, though I'm not on much at the moment. Hope you have fun, and PM me if you have any problems, though I may not be able to answer immediately.

See ya,

Kay.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

Random avatar

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:30 pm
Jetman123 says...

Alternative to hello, though I want to learn Japanese someday. XD I do have an interest in languages, but so far I'm monolingual. :/

Osteoporosis usually affects the elderly - it has to do with bones, especially joints, degrading in strength and quality. Makes them achy, sore, stiff, all that.

Thanks for the reply! ^_^

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:45 pm
Trident says...

Welcome to YWS!

It really is a fun place. Do some critiques, post some work... voila! Fun.

I'm glad you got into writing, I'm sure it helps pass the time in any case. My brother has Engelmann's disease which made it so he couldn't really participate in many outdoor activities. Tis tragic, truly.

Hope you get a hang of things around here. And I hope your stay improves your writing. I know it has helped mine. ^_^
Perception is everything.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here :-) I'm sure writing really keeps you busy since you can't get out of the house, huh? It's always good to have something to do when you are in a case like that, and I wish you luck with your health, that must be difficult.

If you have any questions, need help around the site, or would like a critique feel free to contact me :-) hope you have a good time here!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:24 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Yay! Hehe, Newfieland... I used to live around there.

Welcome to YWS, I hope you'll enjoy it here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:55 pm
niteowl says...

Hey there and welcome! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:40 am
Jetman123 says...

Indeed it does! Writing, along with gaming, are the two things that keep me from going out of my mind with boredom. It's not so much that I'm constantly in pain, it's more that I just can't stay on my feet for too long. Essentially meaning everything I have isn't a life-altering series of unfortunate events, but more like just one, big, loooooooooooong bummer. Oh well. I get by. :D

I love computers, as well. Not only do they make writing easier (I can't use pencil and paper very well, joint problems in my hands too, typing is easier on them :D) but they allow me so much freedom for contact and games. I would be completely isolated sometimes without 'em. Gotta love Bill Gates for THAT, at least. XP

Thank you for all the greetings and well-wishage! I think I will enjoy my time here, indeed!

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero