z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:51 am
extrastapled says...

Hello! I stumbled across this forum through someone's signature on Gaia, and thought I'd sign up and check it out!

Let's see, about me. My name's Persephone, and I'm a 19-year-old denizen of southeast Alaska. I spend my free time drinking, writing, smoking pot and lurking in forums such as this.

My current projects:

Denial - A psychological horror novel, where nothing is as it seems, and you can never be sure how much is real and how much is just in your head. Some sexual content.

Surrender - Two friends have a running joke that he is conditioning her, brainwashing her to serve him. But is it really just a joke? Novella, some sexual content.

Rathaven - In a remote, easily overlooked corner of the most powerful nation on earth, young supernatural creatures have gathered in a community mysteriously devoid of adults. At the center of everything, an enigmatic, ancient creature lurks, feeding on the raw energy of youth.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 pm
Shine says...

Hi Persephone!

Welcome to the site!

Would like to read your work.

And just a quick reminder that do read the rules and regs before posting your work.

see u around.;)

~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 pm
Jennafina says...

Mwah! I'm from southeast Alaska too. Welcome to YWS!

All of your stories sound interesting. Are you going to post them?

If you have and questions you can PM me, I'm on a lot so I'll get back to you right away.

I hope you like the site! ^_^

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:37 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey, welcome to the site, Persephone! (< cool name).
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:00 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Your work sounds interesting! Especially the last one. Welcome!

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:23 am
Fireweed says...

Woah! Another Alaska person! Trippy. Me and Jennafina both live in Juneau. Where are you from?

And welcome, BTW. ^_^ Persphone is an awesome name.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:39 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome. Seeing as the basics (welcome, PM me if you have questions, awesome name) have been covered, all that's left is to give you an awesome gift! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:08 am
extrastapled says...

Ani - Don't worry, I read the rules; none of the sexual or graphically violent content of the stories will find its way into this forum, I promise!

Jennafina + Fireweed - Two fellow Alaskans already? I certainly never expected that! XD I live in Juneau, as well. I wonder that I've never met you... but I must not have, because you would obviously have recognized my name if I had!

Everyone else, thanks for the welcome :) And also for the admiration of my name, though I didn't choose it for myself. You all seem very friendly, and I look forward to chatting and sharing my work with you!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Welcome Persephone!

I guess by now you've probably had a chance to look around properly, though it can be quite easy to get lost if you're new. At least... that's what I've heard. Feel free to ask if you have any questions, though I likely won't be able to get back to you straight away.

Have to say, love the titles of your current WIPs. Denial's so short but it says so much about the story.

Anyway, gotta go. Have fun!

Kay.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Hay hay. Welcome to the site. :)

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:58 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome to the site! Your current projects pique my curiosity. Particularly "Denial" and "Rathaven" Though I like darker stories anyway.

Hope you enjoy your stay! ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:16 am
Fireweed says...

Wow... You live in Juneau?! That's cool. And a little spooky... 0_o No, I don't know you... but it's possible I've seen you around. It's a small town...
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:33 pm
Firestarter says...

Ani - Don't worry, I read the rules; none of the sexual or graphically violent content of the stories will find its way into this forum, I promise!

Actually, you can post anything as long as you rate it properly. For example, a story with high sexual and graphical content would have to be rated "R" if it was to be posted.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:47 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! :D

I hope you enjoy the site; feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:15 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome to the site :-)

Your stories sound so...morbid! I can't wait to read them, will we get any of your works to look at?

I'm sure someone else has said it by now, but if you need anything (help, can't find your way around, you want a critique) you can contact me :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain