z

Young Writers Society

Hey all

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:34 am
Fan says...

Hi all. Im new. I've been writing short stories for half a year now and im going for a book. My favourite type of book is fantasy/adventure though ill do other stuff.

161 Reviews

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:06 am
Fan says...

More on my life i live in kent in england. Its in the south east. I attend boarding school which i find does not help if you wan to write. My interests are reading, writing, sports, especially tennis. My favourite novel is probably the lord af the rings by J.R.R Tolkien.

161 Reviews

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:35 am
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! Just so you know, there's a handy little "edit" button on all your posts, so if you want to add more information, like you did here, you can just push that and write more rather than making a new post! Nifty, eh? ;)

Anywho, PM me if you have any questions, and enjoy the site! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:39 am
Kit says...

Ahh, speculative fiction fans, is there anything they can't do? Hey, I like Tolkien too, in fact, I was going to be called Luthien Tinuviel after the chick with the singing in the book, but my Mum had a dream that she had a daughter with my name so she named me that instead. Hippies, the both of them. The only thing with Tolkien is he's not so good at female characters, I've found, he tends to shy away from it, going for the whole hegemonic manichean epic thing. You sound really interesting, love to talk to you sometime. Boarding school, does that suck?

161 Reviews

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:48 am
Fan says...

Ahh, i now see the edit button. Boarding school......sucks and does not suck. Its a hate/love thing. Interesting story, being named after a LOTR character.......

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:27 am
View Likes
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS!
I'm a fan of Tolkien too, although I am bothered by the general absence of female characters. I think going to boarding school would be great. You have more independence than you do living with your parents, or at least it seems that way. Boy, would that be cool. A friend of mine is applying to one in Massachusets. I'd love to go with her but it's too expensive. :( What's it like at the one you go to?

Love your avatar by the way. :wink:
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:30 am
Kit says...

Fantasyartist wrote:Ahh, i now see the edit button. Boarding school......sucks and does not suck. Its a hate/love thing. Interesting story, being named after a LOTR character.......

Sucks and doesn't suck? C'est la vie, I suppose. Mm, well, a friend of mine is actually named Arwen. My real name is Hannah Rose, but most people call me Kit. How about you?

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:36 am
Trident says...

Welcome to YWS! We all are huge fans of reading and writing--obviously. ^_^

A tennis fan? :D Happen to catch any of the Australian Open? An exceptional return of Serena perhaps?

Have fun, look around, get to know us all a little better.
Perception is everything.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:06 am
niteowl says...

Hi there, welcome, make yourself at home. PM me if you have any questions (Everyone says that and I'm still not sure why.) Anyhoo, you need a gift, and I suppose it's my job to give it to you. Charlie went to bed already, so no cheesy announcer. Sorry. But you do get smilies!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

161 Reviews

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 am
Fan says...

Thank you all for your warm welcome. As for the boarding school i go to. It's on top of a hill near dover in england so any bit of bad weather little dover gets...we get it a hundred times worse. :)

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:01 pm
Shine says...

Hi Fantasyartist!

Welcome to yws!

Your boarding school sounds interresting to me.

Anyway do post ur work here.
see u around.:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman