z

Young Writers Society

Now or Never

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:10 am
JC says...

Hello, I'm Beckie. Unsurprisingly, I'm new.

This is my first post, I'm not yet sure as to why this is significant, but i guess it is. Like most people...sorry, probably all people here, I'm what one might call a writer.
Mostly I write fantasy, I've written (and completed) the first book in a series, Illusions. The second book is well on its way. Those are fantasy.
I also write YA romance novels, just for the fun of it. Mostly i write those while I'm having a major case of writers block, most never make it past the first few pages. But one has, Color My World, though its still not done.
Thanks if you've made it thus far.

~Beckie
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:08 am
Emerson says...

Hello there Beckie, We spoke in the chat before :-)

Has this great novel of yours been through rewrites and editing? That is always the hardest part of writing novels, I find. The novel its self is easy; but the perfectionism is impossible.

It's great to have you on the site, you seem very dedicated. I'd love to see your YA Romance :-) (When all is up and working, I should be Moding the Romance section; I'm going to try and save it from what it is now. It's not exactly the "best")

And yes, along that same line, will we see any of your writing?

Again, as I said in the chat, if you have any questions, need some help, want a critique, just want to chat, blah, blah, any of those things, you can PM me and I'll do what I can :-D

Have fun on the site!
Clau
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:09 am
Poor Imp says...

Hello Beckie. ^_^ Welcome to YWS - you'll fit in brilliantly, I'm sure - a lot of fantasy writers, and a lot of interesting writers... I like the sound of Illusions - neat title. I write fantasy at times; and science fiction.

If you've any questions, feel free to PM me - or any of our dear mods (in green, you'll notice). But the FAQ can clear up most difficulties. Though it can't comment on your writing; PM if you're ever short of critiques. ^_^

And, while on the subject of welcomes, welcome to the Fantasy Fools. ^_~ Your request is processed and all that. 'Tis a good usergroup.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:11 am
misspriss says...

'Ello! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I hope to see you 'round!

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:40 am
Shine says...

Hello Beckie!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society.

I like fantasy too. :)

Beckie wrote:I also write YA romance novels, just for the fun of it.

hehehe thats cool!

see you around. :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:03 am
Myth says...

Welcome Beckie!

It is always great to see new writers on the site. I'm also a fantasy fan (Imp's 'group is great) but I'm not into romance. See you around. :D
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 pm
Swires says...

Welcome to YWS, PM me if you have any questions or problems.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

514 Reviews

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm
JC says...

Cool, thanx. Uhh...yea, i've been editing...and editing...i think i've edited like...four times...or more. :) Once on my own, once with my friend (and fellow writer), once with my english teacher, and then again by myself, but you can never be done editing can you? hehe
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:33 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Welcome, Beckie! I write fantasy too (as do a lot of others here). It's awesome that you've finished a novel! Good luck with your writing, and I hope to see you around.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:50 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Charlie?

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO JCOBSESSED!!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME THAT NAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH N*SYNC! ANYWAY, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

514 Reviews

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 pm
JC says...

nope, nothing to do with n sync. everything to do with drop dead sexy french vampires :D

Jean-Claude

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare