z

Young Writers Society

Mandatory Debut?

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:11 pm
Ending-Karma says...

Hello there! :)

I'm Jonathon - most commonly referred to as Jon. I do have a few other nicknames which probably wouldn't really apply to this forum seeing as I got them via playing guitar. So those will remain anonymous.

I write quite often. I do a lot of fiction - mainly medieval and such. I am a history buff, absolutely loved AP US History in HS. Currently on the downhill side to my graduation.

I'll be offering assistance whenever I see a request for it and feel as if my two cents could be of some benefit. This will include homework help and/or critiquing.

Just thought I'd do a minor cheap plug in promoting my lyrics. I play guitar and bass guitar (mainly bass) and sing a bit. I write a lot of lyrics whenever time permits and emotions call for them. I've written about tons of various topics ranging from the infamous/cliche topic of love all the way up to state the world is currently in.

With that being said, I hope to see you guys around soon!

-Jon

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Jon!

History buff? You'll be very welcome here, I count myself as one too.

I'd love to read your fiction, so definitely post some!

Great to see you're already offering help to other writers. That's great to see. I'm Jack, I'm a Junior Administrator around these parts so if you need any help or have any questions or anything, just PM me.

See you around the forums!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:26 am
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS!

There are definitely a bunch of other history lovers around here, including Jack, whom you've all ready met.

Enjoy the site, and I hope to see some of your work soon! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:56 am
LowKey says...

Heya, Jon! Welcome to YWS! You know, there's a forum for song lyrics. You could post there if you like. Can't wait to read your stories! :)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:28 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! *waves*

History buffs, unite! (actually, we've started to... *points to the two historical writers usergroups*) Medieval, eh? I like ancient most myself, but I haven't had time lately to really delve into it. I do have a soft spot for Grail Myths, too, but that's another story!

AP US was awesome last year. Did you take the test? It was easier than my teacher made it out to be.

Er, anyhoo! I'm Mesh (or Bek, depending on how comftorable you are with names and such). I be the other jr. admin 'round these parts (so I usually claim I know what I'm doing, even if I don't). If you have any questions that Jack didn't answer, feel free to send 'em my way.

Welcome to the site, and I'll see you around the forum!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:23 am
destinyfateacceptance says...

Welcome John!!!

I'm a newbie here too....
Goodluck on us...

Haha!!!! :D
Defy....

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 am
Loranys Gellantara says...

Wlcome to YWS.

Though you may be male, you can never be too sure (no offence :wink:), but you should know one thing, DRACO IS MINE!!!!!!

Anyway. My name is Lauren, Lozareth, Loz and Draco. (DON'T FORGET MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING SOON (TWO DAYS)).

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:07 pm
Shine says...

Hi there Mr.Jon!

nice to meet you.

Welcome to yws!

You sing?thats very cool.

Would like to read your lyrics.

see you around.

~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:46 pm
Cade says...

Oooh, AP US, eh? I'm a sophomore and I'm dying to take it next year, despite the countless stories of juniors pulling all-nighters to finish the homework. One of the teachers at our school's informational AP Night said, "Before your child signs up for this class, find out if he or she likes sleep..."
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:39 pm
Swires says...

Welcome to YWS, PM me if you have any questions or problems.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:51 pm
deleted6 says...

Phorcys if your not careful people might think your an automatic responce in YWS for you never do different types of answers hehe. :D Welcome to YWS Karma.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:31 pm
Firestarter says...

*agrees with Vernon*

Seriously, Adam, try and be a little ... human, and less ... robotic? :wink:
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:06 pm
Swires says...

Lol well there is only so many variations of a welcome you can do lol.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:24 pm
Lilyy03 says...

LOL, Phorcys! :D

Welcome, Jon! History and guitars? Awesome. ^_^
Hope to see you around!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:31 pm
niteowl says...

Haha, Phorcys. I've suffered from Robotic Welcoming Syndrome before. I'm going through an attack right now. LOL anyway welcome Ending-Karma. You've already been really active on the site, which is AWESOME!!! Anything to add, Charlie?

NOT REALLY, NITE! ENDING KARMA, ALL YOU NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR ALL-EXPENSE PAID STAY HERE AT THE YOUNG WRITER'S SOCIETY IS A COMPLIMENTARY NO-STRINGS ATTACHED GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb