z

Young Writers Society

Sureal is Here, Never Fear... (yeah... that was terrible...)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:49 pm
Sureal says...

Lo bob.

Okay, I'm Sureal - I'm very into writing (mostly fiction) so I'll post some of my stuff up here (one of them is already here - 'Circus of Sorrow' in the Other Fiction section).

I'm also into 'Lucid Dreaming'. Which is basically when you know you're dreaming, and so can not only aprecaite the dream alot more, but can conciously decide what to do (so it's not so 'movie like') and you can also have special powers (you know it's a dream - so you can do anything). I've already started a topic on this in more detail in the Non Fiction section (which includes links, how to do it and other stuff... I'll also add in stories of my own LD's).

What else...

I'm male, 16... I have long, thick and dark hair... I'm skinny and quite short (I'm only 5 foot 6)... and... I like, y'know, stuff. Yeah.
I wrote the above just for you.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:54 pm
Emma says...

Hiya?

:? I'll read your stories.

506 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:01 pm
Sureal says...

That smilie and question mark is scaring me... did I say something wrong ;)?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:02 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Sureal. You sound like you look like me, except I'm 6'2" so a bit of difference in height!

I'm into fantasy writing. Hope to see you around, and I'll look at your work when I'm not so busy with coursework!

506 Reviews

Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:04 pm
Sureal says...

Bah, don't you get me started on coursework. I've spent the last week coming from shcool and getting straight to work with coursework. I'm planning on sueing the school if I get repetitive straing injury ;).

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:08 pm
niteowl says...

Welcome Sureal! Oh geez, whenever I think of your name I'll end up thinking about The Surreal Life. Oh well.

Lucid dreaming? Cool! That'd be so cool if I knew if I was dreaming, then I wouldn't have dreams like last night's...

Anyway, I'm babbling. Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) \:D/ :-s :-$ :-({|= :sick: :lots_hearts: :love: :hearts_eyes: :-# :whistle: O:) =; [-X :^o =P~ :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:17 am
Nate says...

Welcome to YWS! I've been trying to do lucid dreaming for the past four years, but I never am able to do it. Everytime that I realize in my dream that I'm in a dream, I always wake up. Anyways, I'll definitely be checking out that post you made about it.

506 Reviews

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:46 pm
Sureal says...

Niteowl: Yum. Smilies.
*eats smilies*
Wait... they're not edible? Well... bummer.

Nate: 8). Waking up happens when you first start (I've nicked named it 'Newbie Waking Syndrome' ;)). Happened to me too ;).

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:16 am
Nate says...

Sureal ->> I'm still trying it, and I'm still a n00b when it comes to lucid dreaming. Ah well.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 am
Prokaryote says...

Nate, you're like... a necromancer? :P I can't LD either; I used to have them all the time when I was younger. =(

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 am
Gahks says...

Hey, Sureal, from a fellow Brit! Welcome! :D

What sort of genres are you into? And all this lucid dreaming stuff sounds fascinating - can you explain to me how to LD?
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

506 Reviews

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 pm
Sureal says...

:shock:

(for LD'ing: go to http://www.ld4all.com)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:47 pm
Rydia says...

I can LD pretty well though I don't do it as often as I did in my youth.

And welcome surreal, even if you was a member of this site way before me XD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

506 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

This was almost exactly 9 years ago!

Blimey.

Someone needs to make @Emma come back; she was funny. And whatever happened to @Firestarter!?

Managed to lucid dream yet, @Nate?

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:11 pm
Nate says...

Crikey. My quest to do lucid dreaming goes back to 2001?

Alas, it remains an elusive goal. Whenever I realize I'm dreaming, I immediately wake up.

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain