z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new...and I kinda need help

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:28 am
Kitkat_1122_ says...

I'm new here (like the title says) and I'm having trouble making the html work here. I went to my profile to edit it and I clicked the thing that said yes to html and it still isn't working...so what do I do to get it to work?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:10 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Hmmmm........I'm a bit of a technophobe, so I can't help you personally, but check the FAQ, you might find some answers there, or PM a site admin.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:27 am
Crysi says...

Hey Kitkat,

I replied something similar in the questions thread, but basically I think you can only use the board code (which is basically [ and ] instead of < and >) here. I'm not entirely sure why we have an option for html, but I'll look into it for you. :) For now, I recommend you play around with the board code - it can come in really handy!

Welcome to YWS! I hope you have a great time here. :) Feel free to PM any of the mods or admins with any of your questions!
Love and Light

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:46 am
Fand says...

Crysi's exactly right! To bold something, you don't put <b> </b> on either side, but [ b ] and [/ b ]. Same for all your other basic commands, and the stuff inside the brackets is otherwise the same: i for italics, s for strikeouts, img=, url=, etc....

And on that note, welcome to YWS!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:38 pm
Swires says...

HI there, feel free to PM me with any questions or problems. Also, just a quick reminder - you may want to review a few pieces of work before you post your own story. Reviewing helps. Loads
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:26 pm
Crysi says...

Hey Kitkat,

I just checked with Nate, and for now, unfortunately html can't be used. But the board code works just as well, so it's not too bad! :)

Have fun!
Love and Light

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:45 pm
Kitkat_1122_ says...

Okay thanks. =)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:40 am
Emerson says...

Welcome! Everyones already done their respective "Pm me if you want help" so I won't :-D

Hope you have a nice time here!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:18 am
Kay Kay says...

My html has never worked no matter what I do so I've just given up. Welcome to the site!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:51 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I have no suggestions for your html problem, as I know none, but I do have a gift! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe