z

Young Writers Society

The obligatory introduction message?

Reviews: 1
Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:28 am
epier says...

Well, hello all!

It's Alana, but I do respond to almost all derivatives (most commonly Lane) and pretty much everything else, many of which probably wouldn't be appropriate to post. So I shan't.

I do write; surprising, I know. I've been writing (or "writing" anyway) for some time-- mostly realistic fiction, and/or YA- though nothing Sweet Valley-esque, I [s]hope[/s] promise! I dabble in historical, and that's just about it. I do enjoy reading some poetry (Eliot and some of Hardy's works come to mind, as well as some of the Romantics), but I stay strictly away from poetry as far as my penning it.

I do beta/critique/whatever you may call it, and I have a fair grasp as far as grammar, usage, and other technical aspects go. I'm not quite as strong on things like [staying in] character, plot development, and such. And oh my god, TITLES. I fail at titles. So hopefully, it'll be a mutual exchange!

/talk about self

So! This website appears to move along quite quickly, which is always nice to see. I can't think of anything else, but if you've read this far, cookies to you.

KTHXBYE

P.S. I totally forgot to mention. I love the sudoku. Huge, huge commendations.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:35 am
Cassandra says...

Hey there, and welcome to YWS!

Obligatory introduction? I don't think so. I never made a welcome post, anyway. No gold stars for me. XD

PM me if you have any questions, and enjoy yourself! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:30 am
Swires says...

Hello there - I didnt make one either, well I did but when I had about 100 posts lol.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:35 am
Snoink says...

*eats cookies*

Welcome! I'm like... the head of a critiquing group called SPEW and stuff, so be afraid! Maybe we'll abduct you... or something.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:22 pm
de_budding says...

Obligatory?

Don't feel like you owe us anything... yet!
If you feel you are morally indebted to us now just you wait. XD

Welcome, PM me or my E-mail is on display.

Dan x
"One who understands much displays a greater simplicity of character than one who understands little."
-Alexander Chase

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:36 pm
Fand says...

*glee* A new member who can use words like "obligatory" and "derivative" properly... oh, this is going to be a good day. Welcome, Lane, and if you need anything, I'm always up for a good PM! :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing what you can offer to YWS.

Sir Fand of the Crusades
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:07 am
epier says...

Thanks, everyone!

de_budding wrote:Obligatory?

Don't feel like you owe us anything... yet!
If you feel you are morally indebted to us now just you wait. XD

I've been on boards where they'd throw a fit if a new member didn't make an intro post ("OMGWTF YOU FAIL AT LIFE AND THE INTERNET GO AWAY NOW" type of thing). So, I figured I'd play safe.

Snoink wrote:*eats cookies*

Welcome! I'm like... the head of a critiquing group called SPEW and stuff, so be afraid! Maybe we'll abduct you... or something.

Any reference to the Harry Potter group?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:45 pm
Shafter says...

Welcome to YWS!
I was happy to see someone post a welcome message with the title not being "Hey, i'm new." ;) And you have a good grasp of grammar and punctuation!! *Happy dance* Again, I say: Welcome to YWS! :D
PM me if you want to chat, okay? I write fantasy mostly, but I love talking to all writers. :)
Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:23 am
Kay Kay says...

Hey welcome to YWS! Obligatory??? Wow. That is something new to see. Don't hesitate to PM me about anything. See you around the site!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 am
Leonheart says...

WELCOME! TO YWS!

sorry, hyper... hee hee

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 am
LowKey says...

Yay! Another Sudoku lover! Hurrah! :D WELCOME to YWS!
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Reviews: 4
Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:12 am
lightofmeridian says...

Hello, my name is Lucy. Welcome to YWS!! You are going to meet a lot of new people here. I look forward to getting to know you better, and have fun!

Lucy

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:56 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome welcome. If you have any question, feel free to ask.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:34 am
Emerson says...

*glee* A new member who can use words like "obligatory" and "derivative" properly... oh, this is going to be a good day.

Fand, you make me giggle. You Comma Cow.

Welcome :-) And thanks for that critique you gave me on John Smith ;-) getting to work earlier, are we?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:52 pm
Crysi says...

SPEW? Have anything to do with Harry Potter?

Nothing and everything. You'll see.

Anyway, even your welcome message impressed me, lol. I like your choice of words (although I must say I shuddered ever so slightly at the word "derivative." I think I've been permanently scarred by calculus...), and I can't wait to see some of your work. :)

Have fun, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the mods! We don't bite. Hard. I promise. ;)
Love and Light

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence