z

Young Writers Society

Hello! New member here.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:09 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Young Writer's Society, but so far it looks like a really interesting place for young writers to come alongside one another with support and feedback.

I'm Grace, and I like to write short stories and essays. I work writing SEO articles for various employers (very different than creative writing, let me tell you!) and as the Editor-in-Chief of the Radiate Literary Journal. The journal is completely run by students and publishes work by young writers. That means I tend to work more on the publication side of things than the writing side, but it's always exciting to connect with other organizations with a similar purpose such as this one!

In my free time, I enjoy lifting weights (USA Powerlifting for me, anyone else here?) and reading. I'm always up for book recommendations, so let me know what your favorites are!

I can't wait to meet everyone and keep reading the stories here. If you have any tips about how everything works here, please let me know!

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
dissonance says...

'Ello Grace! Nice to meet you!

If you need any help, you can contact a moderator. They are the ones with green names. If you ever want to chat with someone, send me a PM because I'm always ready for a new conversation.

Good job on all the reviews you've done. When you do one more, you'll get your first review star! You get review stars every time you reach a review goal number (e.g. 5 for the first, 25 for the second, etc.)

I hope you like it around here!

Axi
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:52 pm
View Likes
Atticus says...

Hi there graine! I'm glad you're enjoying your time on YWS so far :)

It's really awesome that you're able to be involved with published journals and magazines already! It sounds like a really fun and interesting project for a young writer.

I see you've already done some reviews, which is super great! I hope you've enjoyed dipping your toes into the literary section of YWS. The Forums have some great resources for writers, and the People's tab is a great place to connect with others and share updates on your life. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the site; I am actually a retired moderator on the site, hence the slightly different colored name! I can't promise answers, but I can promise I'll reach out to the appropriate people to get an answer for you!

I hope you enjoy your time on YWS!
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:19 pm
View Likes
mellifera says...

Welcome to YWS, Grace!! I hope you enjoy your stay here <3

What kind of short stories do you like writing?
I believe in a universe that doesn't care and people that do.

You and I, we are matter, and it matters.

they/them

19 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:00 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Hi Mellifera!
I like to write anything that's currently interesting to me, which can span a wide variety of genres. Currently I'm enjoying experimental flash fiction. :) What do you write?

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:01 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

welcome,grainne! hope you enjoy hanging out on YWS! :D
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

19 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:08 pm
View Likes
grainne says...

Thank you! It's been fantastic so far. :)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey! I love your username <3
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:15 pm
Valkyria says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh