z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 pm
View Likes
Starlight9 says...

Lumi wrote:There are five badges! Those five badges are Greeter, Reviewer I, Reviewer II, Storybooker, 1001 Posts.

I thought there were six since Rosey Unicorn owns 6 badges. But then I noticed that there were 2 Reviewer II badges, is it possible to have the same badge more than once?

Another question, how to make the font larger?
★L9

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:23 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Rosey and Jabber have six badges because of a bug--they somehow got one of them multiplied! Crazy stuff, I know.

And to make the font larger, it's just a little bit of coding.

Code: Select all
Larger Font: [size=150]text[/size]
Huge Font: [size=200]text[/size]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 pm
View Likes
Starlight9 says...

Thanks a lot Lumi!
★L9

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am
View Likes
malachitear says...

Question!!!
I just posted something today. After I posted the piece, and I looked at my profile to see if it was updated on my portfolio. Then I realized that the same post was shown three times! I lost 300 points, just like I would have if I had posted three things instead of just one. How do I delete the posts(it shows soft delete post, and I have no Idea what that means)? Can I get my points back?
The links are:
viewtopic.php?t=88936
viewtopic.php?t=88937
viewtopic.php?t=88938
I only want the last one ):

*Edit
Okay never mind I just deleted them.
Last edited by malachitear on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

- A minor bird, Robert Frost

{I used to be ForgottenSpellbinder}

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:31 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I'll give you the 200 points right now!
-Shinji Moon

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:34 am
View Likes
malachitear says...

Thanks so much! And I think the posts were automatically deleted. Somehow.
The fault must partly have been in me.
The bird was not to blame for his key.

And of course there must be something wrong
In wanting to silence any song.

- A minor bird, Robert Frost

{I used to be ForgottenSpellbinder}

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:02 am
View Likes
MariaRowlands says...

Ok...how do you find the stories that you've saved or submited? HELP! :?: :!:
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

MariaRowlands wrote:Ok...how do you find the stories that you've saved or submited? HELP! :?: :!:

Hi, Maria!

Once you've submitted a story on the YWS forums, you can view them all in your Portfolio! Go to your Profile (by clicking "My Profile" at the very, very top of the page or go under "My YWS" below the header and select "View my Profile" from there), and navigate to the Portfolio tab of your profile. You'll find all your works posted on the site!

If you don't see it there, then you might not have posted it as you thought. You submit your works in the "Submit" button below the header at the top (near "My YWS") and just follow the steps accordingly!
I make my own policies.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 pm
View Likes
GawravMehta says...

Folks,I don't have command over English as it is my third language. Yeah!I'm Indian. :D Here, I've noticed that we need points to post a chapter which in turn can be earned by reviewing others work. I don't think, I've experience to critique and find errors in others work and grammar is also worst. Do you think, I'd be able to survive here? If you have any suggestion then please guide me because I've only 19 points with and still four books and 28 chapters are to be posted.
Spoiler! :
Donate couple of points to fellow depressed writer 'cause those who donate me. Motivate me!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

GawravMehta wrote:Folks,I don't have command over English as it is my third language. Yeah!I'm Indian. :D Here, I've noticed that we need points to post a chapter which in turn can be earned by reviewing others work. I don't think, I've experience to critique and find errors in others work and grammar is also worst. Do you think, I'd be able to survive here? If you have any suggestion then please guide me because I've only 19 points with and still four books and 28 chapters are to be posted.

Gaw, a lot of people start without any experience to review. Believe me, I did, and now I consider myself to be an okay one. You can survive here! All you have to do is practice. When you're going through something, think about it. Even if you're not picking apart all the grammar and taking apart the plot, you can still general impressions, what you liked about it, what you didn't, what sounded funny in your head, and stuff like that. As for the chapters to post, if you need points, go to the 'Be the first to review' button You get extra points for reviewing those works. Remember that all reviews need to be... I think it's 300+ words to get the max. Just work at it, and you'll pick it up in no time. If you're still confused, there are all kinds of threads that help explain how to do reviews in better detail. Here are a few: The Review sandwhich! Everything you need to know about reviewing, basically.

hope I helped. *scampers away*

*Edit* Now I feel bad for answering that question, since I looked back and saw that only mods have been answering questions.... D: It won't happen again guys... <3

*Another Edit*
Sparky can answer questions. :DDD
Last edited by LadySpark on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:17 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

*Edit* Now I feel bad for answering that question, since I looked back and saw that only mods have been answering questions.... D: It won't happen again guys... <3

Nein! We answer the questions only because we're the first to see it. Everyone's welcome to answer anything and everything.
-Shinji Moon

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:19 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

YEA! That means Sparky wasn't being a bad member. :) Thanks Luminate.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

92 Reviews

Reviews: 92
Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:10 pm
View Likes
anna91423 says...

What do people mean by getting featured? A couple of reviewers of my work have said they hope I get feature, what does this mean?! Thanks :)
"Books are the ultimate dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they will always love you back." John Green

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." Stephen Chbosky

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:46 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

anna91423 wrote:What do people mean by getting featured? A couple of reviewers of my work have said they hope I get feature, what does this mean?! Thanks :)

It just means if your story gets one of the highest number of 'likes' in the past three days, it gets to be featured on the YWS homepage.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:15 am
View Likes
sockmonkey says...

I am new to this site and i do not really know that much about the mechanics of this site I could not find how so I am asking you how do I post a story , thank you ,sock monkey.
its built on lies...just like the mafia the cia and fox news...sockmonkey...away!

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard