z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 am
Nate says...

Hey darklady, there's no current way to do that but it is a good idea.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 am
darklady says...

That's a shame; it would be nice :)
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

8 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm
darklady says...

How do I bookmark a thread please?

ETA: Anybody? I'd love to be able to bookmark and subscribe to threads but I can't find out how you do it.
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm
Aley says...

Hey darklady!

If you're looking for a way to keep track of stories, you can always follow the person and then snag them from the list of people you follow to go back to their work. You might have to be picky because the links are most accessible by your profile and if you get too many friends, some of them will get kicked off the list, but it's a possibility.

As for bookmarking or subscribing to threads, I would suggest liking the thread and then bookmarking it through your browser. Typically you can right click on any given page and bookmark it that way, or drag the URL into a bookmarks toolbar. You could even create a folder simply for YWS bookmarks!

Unfortunately, there's nothing on this site to subscribe/follow threads. Most of the forums are static enough that they are easy to get back to and it gives users a chance to explore more of what is going on in the thread. Unfortunately, you have to check the forum frequently to see if anyone has updated.

8 Reviews

Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 am
darklady says...

I did have a subscription to a thread though. And both Bookmarks and Subscriptions come up in the control panel. Confusing. Thanks for the help though. It's threads I want to follow, not stories, but I do wish there was a way of saving your favourites!
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun May 26, 2013 1:04 am
Aley says...

Yeah, it would be fun. Maybe we can convince the mods to get it going sometime.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. <3 We'll be watching.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:43 am
Sarrasponda says...

I have a question if anyone's got an answer:
.. well, half question, half confusion; can anyone explain to me this business of following? A notification said somebody is following me- should I be afraid of this person? Also, is following a good thing?
Much appreciated :wink:

and much thanks,
love, a new person
*signs signature*

1333 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1333
Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:56 am
Hannah says...

If a person is following you, that means that when they click on the people tab up top, you'll show up in the default feed. On the side of the page of the people tab, there's a button that says "show all members" so you can see what EVERYONE posts, but before you press that, the feed only shows the people you follow. This means someone will see when you like a topic, post a new work/blog post, or a status update! (:
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 am
Sarrasponda says...

Thanks so much! I was getting really confused. :P
*signs signature*

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 am
Dreamy says...

The chat room is not loading in my PC. What should I do?
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:45 am
Iggy says...

Dreamy wrote:The chat room is not loading in my PC. What should I do?

Hey @Dreamy! Sorry about the late late reply, but next time something doesn't work right for you, please report it here!. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:59 pm
Lau says...

hey, i know this may seem stupid but, what to stop someone taking someones work as their own? so many amazing story's, poems etc. surely someone will just think 'Ill claim that as my own'?

i have no intention of doing this obviously, I'm just wondering whats to stop some unimaginative, annoying person doing so? :D :D :D :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:57 pm
Iggy says...

Hey, @Lau!

Plagiarism is not tolerated here at YWS and will result in an automatic ban. That is rule number 5, which you can read here.

Whether it's copying another YWS members' work or a published work by an actual author, it is still considered plagiarism. So if you ever have any suspicions, please PM a member of the mod squad (users in green, red, or black) with the necessary links. We will take care of it.

Thank you!
- Lewis Carroll

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 am
ItsCharley says...

I need help, does anyone know how to delete their works? Because I'm trying to do that but there's no 'Delete' button :/

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:03 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

ItsCharley wrote:I need help, does anyone know how to delete their works? Because I'm trying to do that but there's no 'Delete' button :/

Hey, @ItsCharley!

It's YWS' policy not to delete published works, especially if they have reviews. What you can do is a.) PM a moderator and ask for it to be locked, b.) edit your work to remove the story or c.) unpublish it by going to your work >> edit >> unpublish.

PM me if you still have trouble!
- Lewis Carroll

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster