z

Young Writers Society

Ask a question here (or start a new topic!)

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:01 am
Cheetah says...

Yes, author's notes are definitely allowed. I've seen quite a few of them before. Good luck! :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:06 am
Noelle says...

Yes, Cheetah is right. Author notes are usually in bold either before or after the chapter or story.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:53 am
TheUnnatural says...

I just have a question, can anyone directly steal your novel or when we publish it is all isbn-attached?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:10 am
Iggy says...

As in, steal it and publish it off the site? No, we have nothing to prevent that. If you ever see your writings published by someone else, you should email the editor of that publishing company immediately with a link to your work and such. But there's nothing YWS can do to prevent that.

Now, if someone steals it and publishes it on the site? PM a moderator immediately. Plagiarism is not accepted nor tolerated here and will result in a ban.

YWS also has a Copyright Policy, so nothing written by you will be published without your permission.

Does that answer your question?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:42 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

The solution to this problem is write your cruddy version on here, let the person steal that, then write your awesome version and only have it reviewed by trusted persons. (Basically send them fixed chapter and such over pm.)
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 pm
Magenta says...

Why doesn't the leaderboard count my reviews properly? The site says I've written three reviews. I think I've written six reviews in the last 24 hours and at least three this morning, yet on the leaderboards, it only says one review.
Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:53 pm
Nate says...

@Magenta ->> I just checked, and it's counting correctly. You've done four reviews in the past 24 hours, which matches with the 24 hour leaderboard.

179 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm
Magenta says...

Thank you. Okay. I guess I miscounted, but I thought it had originally showed only one review. Thank you, again. :)
Spoiler! :

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 pm
niteowl says...

@Magenta, you might have been looking at the leaderboards for "This Month". Since it's September 1, only reviews from today count toward that total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

179 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:48 pm
Magenta says...

Yes. I suppose that is it. As long as I get counted. But I did write the four reviews today. I took pictures to show that it changed back to three.
Spoiler! :

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm
niteowl says...

It might be a time zone thing? It looks like under "Past 24 Hours", you have four reviews but under "This Month" you have three, which looks like what I'm seeing if I look at your profile (I'm in EST, which I think matches the leaderboard). Again, I wouldn't worry about it as I think it's just a quirk from today being the first of the month. The speech bubble review count (top right corner) is your "official" count for stars and such. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yup— the "per month" counter resets on the 1st (EST, I believe, or maybe GMT), and the per 15 days and per 24 hours leaderboads actually count backwards from the present moment.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm
carmenbluestar says...

All my reviews turn into comments. What am I doing wrong?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 pm
Vervain says...

There are -- as far as I know -- two things about that.

1) you aren't marking them as reviews. Make sure you do this for every review, where the little slider bar is next to "Is this a review?" -- it should be green, with "Yes" showing.

2) your reviews aren't long enough (there is a minimum character limit of 250 characters, which is about 60 words). In this case, you just have to go further in-depth with your reviews.
stay off the faerie paths

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 am
Iggy says...

@carmenbluestar, I can mark any reviews for you! Just please PM me all the links. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren