z

Young Writers Society

My name says "Darker" but I'm really kind of fair-

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 am
DarkerSarah says...

Hi, guys! I'm brand spanking new here, even though I've already posted a couple of things. I'm really looking forward to enhancing my writing career here on these boards. I've been writing fiction since I could hold a pencil, it seems. When I was thirteen (Jeez, was that 4 years ago?) I wrote a novel. It wasn't very good, but I really began to develop my voice.

I'm a pretty smart chica. I've taken Honors classes since I was in 8th grade. I'm really laid back, and tend to sleep when I'm bored, instead of doing something constructive. Thus, I am a procrastinator.

My favorite books are: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anna Karenina, The Secret Texts Trilogy, Harry Potter, LOTR Trilogy, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Once and Future King... I could go on, and on, and on, and on...as you can see.

My taste in music is quite diverse, but I'm actually very picky about what I listen to. I loathe candy pop, rap, country, and metal. But I love Blue October, Modest Mouse, John Mayer, Oasis, the Beatles, The Hives, The Who, Pink Floyd, Breaking Benjamin, and Death Cab for Cutie.

I love coffee! My favorite place in the world is The JavaWerks, which is about fifteen minutes from where I live. It's the awesome coffee house me and my best friend hang out at on the weekends and whenever the hell else we can.

I guess I've bored you enough with these little miscellaneous (that's spelled wrong) facts about myself. If you're interested in reading my writing, I have a couple of things posted on Action/Adventure, and I'd love some comments.

Thanks!
-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:49 am
Tara says...

Hey DS! Ve've already met through the chat, but I'm gonna come and welcome you anyway, ok? Ok, I'll just pretend I don't know you...

Hey DarkerSarah! Can I call you DS? OK, thanx. Hey, how ya doin? I'm Tara. (As you can see from...my...name) I'm the site's nocturnal nic-name-giver. (whtether it's official or unnofficial...I do not know.) I'm here if you have any questions...or comments...or anything. Just drop me a PM, k? I'll see ya around the boards!

~Tara
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:24 am
Bobo says...

Hey Sarah! I wish I had read more of your stuff earlier. You are top-quality. And you may be a procrastinator, but I sure as heck didn't write a novel when I was thirteen! I hope to see you soon.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:41 pm
Dream Deep says...

[...]

As you can probably tell, the message here that I had written up was written a while ago as well. ^_~ Sorry for the mix-up, confusion, everything else. Wishing you the best, Sarah.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom