z

Young Writers Society

Amoniel Guide, Listing & Directory

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:06 pm
Amoniel says...

Hello! :)

I'm Amoniel, though feel free to call me Almond if you wish. Seeing as I don't even know how to spell Amoniel (I've been copy/pasting it), Almond might be the safer choice.

Anyhow, you should probably note that I'm unmanageable enough to need a Guide, Listing & Directory, so just know that you have been warned. Any and all social interaction with Amoniel, be it online or not, is considered a highly risky action and consequences associated are not the responsibility or liability of the stated individual - Amoniel.

If I haven't scared you off yet, there are a few things that you should know. The first is that I am female, and prefer to be referred to as such, that I am between the ages of 13 and 15 and that I currently reside in Bangkok, Thailand due to my father's profession.

There are also two wars that are in continous motion in the world of Amoniel - the first is Amoniel vs. Plants (not to be confused with Plants vs. Zombies), and the other is Amoniel vs. Chapstick / Lipbalm. Allow me to explain.

First up; Amoniel vs. Plants. Every plant or piece of nature that I try to possess either is infested by worms, slugs, ants or any other nasty insect that nature can dream up; and all other plants just seem to die in order to mock me.

Amoniel vs. Chapstick/Lipbalm. It'll help, they said. It'll work, they said. LIES. ALL OF IT. Guess what people, I think I'm allergic to the stuff! Go away! But nooooo. It'll get better, they said. It'll start working, they said. LIES. LIES. LIES. LIES.

The last thing you should know about me, and might have already noticed, is that I have a tendency to write a lot. Everything just seems to make itself longer and longer as I type, which leads me to write literature more directed at the short story category, as I can effectively (or at least I think it is effective) choose a small scene to write about and suddenly turn it into a good-sized story. :)

Alright, if I haven't completely freaked you out, I dare you to respond!
I look forward to meeting you all! :)

-Almond

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm
megsug says...

I'm not freaked out~
Hey Almond, welcome to YWS!
I've always wanted to go to Thailand.
D: Chapstick is, like, the best thing ever! I'm sorry you're allergic to it.
What genre of short story do you write? Have you ever tried writing a novel?
Let me know if you have any questions~
Test

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:35 pm
Apricity says...

You should have seen my post, apparently it had killers in it. Welcome to YWS! I can tell you will fit right in, Chapstick is awesome, is my life. Writing lots is cool, is totally fine.

So, what do you write?
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm
crossroads says...

Amoniel is a cool name, though, so I'll call you that! Although it might turn to Amo or Am or A eventually, knowing me :mrgreen:

Welcome to YWS! If you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or drop a line on my wall.
I hope to see you around~

Oh and I'm curious about what you're writing too!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

7 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:35 pm
View Likes
Amoniel says...

Thank you for the welcomes everybody! :3

megsug wrote:I've always wanted to go to Thailand.

Haha, it is pretty cool. Just very, very hot. D:

SubtleSanity wrote:You should have seen my post, apparently it had killers in it.

Hmm. I'm going to have to find that post. >:D *Stalker mode go*

AriaAdams wrote:Amoniel is a cool name, though, so I'll call you that! Although it might turn to Amo or Am or A eventually, knowing me :mrgreen:

Oh hey! Amo sounds cool! Add an extra m to make it Ammo and I'll be all set. :smt004

To answer the most popular question, I shall state that I mostly write fantasy, though I occasionally feel compelled to write a bit of sci-fi. With either genre, I tend to go either hardcore fantasy/sci-fi, or very, very realistic fantasy/sci-fi - there isn't really a medium balance for me, it is either all in or all out. :smt003

Also, to answer megsug's other question, I have tried writing a novel before (NaNoWriMo anyone?), but I failed miserably. xD

I'm not currently writing anything at the moment, but I'm going to start a short fantasy story based on the song 'Listen to the Rain' by Enya soon. Though I am a huge procrastinator, so nothing will get done for at least two weeks I think. xD

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:01 am
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Amo! Ammo, heh. Just give the YWS rules a quick once-over and you'll be good to go! I'm from Asia as well! We can melt together, haha.

Hope to seeing more of you around here~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:35 am
Rook says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!
I like you already. ^_^

I can totally relate to your ongoing wars. I also like the name Amoniel, and I also like writing fantasy and sci-fi (though I mostly write poetry).

YWS totally loves NaNoWriMo and all other things that sound like that.

I'm also a procrastinator and I know there are many here. ;)
For advanced procrastination, visit the chatroom

You'll get used to the way everything is formatted and how to code, and how to do everything, but if you have any questions while you adjust, feel free to ask me!
The people in green are mods, just so you know. ^_^

I hope you stay and love it here! :D
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:34 am
Holysocks says...

:-P :-P :-P That has got to be one of the most entertaining introductions EVER.

Welcome to the family!!! I hope you come to love it here! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :-D

See you around!
100% autistic

7 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:16 am
Amoniel says...

Much welcome. Much thanks. :3 (In other words, thank you for the welcomes! xD)

Pompadour wrote:Welcome to YWS, Amo! Ammo, heh. Just give the YWS rules a quick once-over and you'll be good to go! I'm from Asia as well! We can melt together, haha.

Yup, read over the rules. ^^ And horah for Asians! c: However, I'm afraid that I've already melted... *Prods the Amoniel puddle on the ground* So you'll have to melt without me. D:

fortis wrote:I'm also a procrastinator and I know there are many here. ;)
For advanced procrastination, visit the chatroom

You'll get used to the way everything is formatted and how to code, and how to do everything, but if you have any questions while you adjust, feel free to ask me!
The people in green are mods, just so you know. ^_^

I've already popped in and out of the chatroom a few times, but I am looking forward to being in there more and getting to know everybody. EVERYBODY. WATCH OUT PEOPLE, I BE COMING.

*ahem* Anyways, thank you! I will be sure to ask if I have any questions. :3 Also, green people are mods? So, like, pretty much everybody who has posted here is a mod? O.o How many mods does this site have? xD

Holysocks wrote:That has got to be one of the most entertaining introductions EVER.

I have achieved my lifelong goal. That is all.

No, thank you for the welcome, and it looks like I'm going to have a whole herd of people to ask questions at! *insert mildly deranged laughter here*

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:20 am
crossroads says...

YWS is quite a big site (over 30,000 members and counting), and mods are here to make sure it all works smoothly. If you're curious about the list of us, here you go (the orange and light blue people are retired GMs and JMs respectively) ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:08 pm
Iggy says...

Haha, I love the title! Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I absolutely did not add Amoniel to the list of YWSers whom I like, because that would be a mild form of stalking and Predatory Canines totally don't stalk...

Salutations, Amoniel! Do not be surprised by the presence of so many mods here, for they are minions loyal followers of Nate and his omniscient Big Brother, so it is their job to interrogate and torture look out for all members.

Everything which truly needs to be said has already been said, so the only new thing I can add is this: Congratulations on earning your first star! That means you now have the chatbar available, so feel free to IM anyone who has posted here when you see them (if you are too lazy to PM them, that is ;) ).
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket