z

Young Writers Society

Kind of a noob here

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:43 pm
jessw123 says...

Hello, I just recently decided to join this website and was wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about it. Obviously I know a little bit about it since I joined it, but I'm just new here, and I would appreciate some help, haha. Sorry if it's kind of annoying. Just looking forward to writing and meeting other writers. :D

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:18 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey @jessw123! I like your avvie! Anyway, I'll give you a quick run-over...

If you haven't read the YWS rules, than you might want to check this out: Official YWS Rules & Guides
It's just good to be aware of what is acceptable, and what isn't on the site.

I'm not sure if it's mentioned in the rules, but YWS does not like people giving out their personal information on the site... at least, publically. Just be careful who you trust. We'd like to think that all YWS are actually young and amazing... but you really never can be too careful.

I don't know if you've noticed, but YWS is quite a community. You'll do best here if you just jump right in; join a story book, club, post your work, hang out in chat and the forums, but above all... Review. YWS lives off of reviews, and sooner or later you'll find yourself thinking what on earth you can say about the writing that is in front of you.

Here's a well explained example: How To Write A Good Critique

Of course you don't have to start right away. I just wanted to let you know that reviewing can be scary at first, when you're new... but it gets better I promise, and if it doesn't get better there's lot's of people more than willing to help it be less scary. :-P

The best thing to do, my opinion, is to explore! You'll learn an lot more by simply going around, checking things out, and talking to people. :-D
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:23 pm
Holysocks says...

Oh, and... Welcome to the family!!! :-P :-P :-P
100% autistic

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:18 pm
GoldFlame says...

Welcome, Jess! :D

YWS is fairly easy to navigate. There's the forums, the All Literary section, storybooks, blogs, and the people tab, which shows the activity of everyone you're following. The staff's anyone whose username isn't dark blue.

With reviews and the forums, the coding works differently, so here's a link that might be helpful: The Big Book of YWS Codes.

Looking forward to seeing you around! :D What genre do you most enjoy writing?
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:23 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Welcome Jess! If you need any help with anything, just ask in the chatroom.
chat.php There will be a lot of people there to help you! :D
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

274 Reviews

Reviews: 274
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:52 am
cleverclogs says...

You'll love it here, trust me. :) Nice avvie, by the way. Foxes are amazing.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need help. We'll be happy to lend you a hand. We writers are a fun bunch, aren't we? Like Holysocks said, just join the crowd! That'll help you learn the ropes of the site.

I wish you a warm welcome, Jess! :D
In the beginning, the universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-Douglas Adams

This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 am
Rook says...

YWS is mostly about writing, but with everything else thrown in!
You'll get used to it soon, but if you have any specific questions, everyone is always happy to answer.
The people in fancy colors are the mods and admins, so we're especially eager to help.
Welcome! I hope to see you around!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:07 am
Markontheworld says...

Hey jess!!! First off welcome to YWS, hope everything has been welcoming so far. If you haven't already figured it out we're a website full of weirdos. Seriously everyone here is at least somewhat random. Though we're all nice people!!! By the way I tend to make up nicknames for all the users I happen to come across, do you mind if I called you doctor? If not yay!!!! The only advice, or should I say warning, I can really give you is that this site will awaken your inner randomness eventually, so just let it. After all we're the site of some of the coolest weirdos, in my opinion! =^_^=

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:03 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site! :mrgreen:
β€œI can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:14 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Welcome to YWS!!
If you need anything at all, just message me and let me know! It's so good to meet you, and I can't wait to start reviewing your stuff and sending you gifts and chatting with you. Welcome, welcome!

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.