z

Young Writers Society

A Little Tour of the Best on YWS?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:44 am
Regime says...

I'm a little new here, and I was wondering what you thought of what's-to-know on YWS. :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:54 am
niteowl says...

Hi there Regime and welcome to YWS!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by what's-to-know, but here are some basic articles I like to share with newcomers.

FAQ: PLEASE READ: FAQ For New Users
Rules: Official YWS Rules & Guides

Also, reviewing is really important here. The site literally can't function without great reviewers. Reviewing may not be easy at first, but this is a good way to get started: The YWS Critique Sandwich

I also recommend the Knowledge Base (under Resources in the Forums) for articles on everything from writing a novel to how YWS works.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:44 am
Lava says...

Hi there Regime!
Seems like niteowl gave you a list of how tos.
I hope you have an amazing time here on YWS. So, what sort of stuff do you write?
Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Cheers,
Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm
lostthought says...

You guys need to tell them all about the good stuff!

Ok, you see the storybooks area? That's a good place to get ideas for new works, extend your writing skills, and meet new friends!

Most users on YWS are friendly and weird. It's overwhelming at first, but after a bit you'll be so use to it, you'll laugh as the newbies look around, scared and confused you'll be able to help the newbies as they come and go.

The search bar is what I recommend you to use should you ever get caught in a scavenger hunt. It gives you a good search, maybe a bit too thorough at times.

The green room is the place of new works and a hope of being discovered by reviewers.

If you have more questions, just find me anywhere!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:55 am
Iggy says...

Hi! Welcome to the site. c:

If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to bug me~ I don't mind at all. :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles