z

Young Writers Society

Introduction

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 am
UnusualAnnika says...

Hi! I'm Annika. I'm 15 years old.

I've been writing since I was four (I started reading at about 2.5) and I actually wrote a novel length piece of fiction when I was seven. It was absolutely awful, but I have definitely improved since then. I had a poem published 3 years ago, in 2011, and just this year I wrote a play and had it performed at Hartford Stage.

I enjoy TV shows, such as Supernatural, Sherlock and Doctor Who. I love reading. Some of my favorite books are the Iron Fey series, the Warriors Series, and The Selection by Kiera Cass.

I am working on my first 'official' novel. It is called Realms of Talons, and it will be the first in a series.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun May 25, 2014 11:53 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Hello Annika, welcome to YWS! I'm Sarah. Any questions, feel free to let me know, or you can ask one of the mods (they're the folks with green names).
I love Doctor Who too! There's a pretty ace Doctor Who club on here if you're interested, just click on the clubs tab. Clubs are a great way to get to know people on the site.
From what you've said, it sounds like you write a bit of everything, but may I ask what's your favourite thing to write?
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Random avatar

Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 pm
UnusualAnnika says...

I prefer writing Fantasy, simply because the possibilities are endless.

Suprisingly, my favorite genre of books to read is Dystopian Fiction.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 am
Iggy says...

Hello Annika! Why are you so unusual? :P

I've only read the first book in the Iron Fey series! Are the other books worth reading? Because the first was pretty good. ^^

Please give the rules a read and enjoy the site! If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to badger me. ^^

~Iggy
β€œI can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 28, 2014 6:11 am
Holysocks says...

Hello Annika! Welcome to the family!
another Whovian?! YWS is FULL of people who love Doctor Who ( this is including myself ).

That is a pretty green age you started writing! I look forward to seeing your work! :-D
100% autistic

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed May 28, 2014 8:22 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Hello and welcome! *slight envy at being published* *realizes I'm to lazy to apply* anyways welcome, you is gonna fit right in here :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed May 28, 2014 10:27 am
Crimsona says...

I spy a superwholock! :D Welcome to YWS, and congrats on getting published, I'm jealous!
Avatar (c) to Thalia - A great friend of mine

Random avatar

Thu May 29, 2014 8:34 pm
UnusualAnnika says...

Iggy wrote:snip snip

Read the rules, thanks :) Do I spy a Maximum Ride fan as well?

Thanks for all of the replies, I cannot wait to show everyone what I have to offer to the literary world!

(Yes, I would seem to be another SuperWhoLockian. Small world, isn't it?)

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:02 am
GoldFlame says...

Welcome to YWS! :D Any questions, we're happy to help. (That sounded less creepy in my head.) The staff's anyone that's not dark blue (neon green, dark green, red, light blue, yellow, black).
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:22 am
lostthought says...

*bows* I am your greeter. Welcome to YWS, the lovely website for angst filled teens and superior adults young, eccentric writers is the perfect destination to get an addiction at. Please, leave your bags for the bagboys to carry and follow me to your wall! If you have any questions, just shoot!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 pm
Snowery says...

Welcome to YWS!! Glad to have you on board!
The World Is Mine.

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio