z

Young Writers Society

New to YWS

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 am
View Likes
MadamKroft says...

:smt024Hello, I'm new to YWS. For a couple of weeks now I've been interested in writing and searched for websites that I could post my writings to. None of them have been as active as this one, and the only way I found it was through a friend at school. I've always struggled in English due to a slight learning disability in which I grew out of in time. I still felt as if my work would never compare to those in my class, and so I never shared. Writing isn't going to be a future career for me, but a meer hobby and so my grammar will probably be intolerable to read. I've never shared my work before and it's somewhat nerve wrecking, but I still want to know what others think of it. I look forward to making new friends, helpful advice, and (to a degree) helping others by reviewing their work. It's nice to meet you all!
"Grammar is a skill that no person has mastered, but let those who have more knowledge provide assistance. If comprehension of your work is suffering, do not be afraid to ask for help in the aspect of how to present your details." -Madam Kroft

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Thu May 15, 2014 3:21 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Hey there MadamKroft! I'm Silver, it's nice to meet you. I'll tell you now that this is the best website to share your work on. It lets you post your work but more importantly encourages you to do thorough reviews which in time helps you become a better writer.

Like you I also had never really shared my works. I get really panicked before public speaking because I'm scared of what people will think of my speech and that seems to affect me sharing my stories too. Posting for the first time on this site I was really nervous but after a while I got used to it and more often than not the reviews we get are very helpful.

Feel free to give me or anyone in green or red a buzz if you're ever having any trouble. I'm sure you'll grow to love it here as much as I do!

WELCOME TO THE YWS FAMILY!!!! :D :D :D

*huggles*
The World Is Mine.

9 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2014 3:36 am
View Likes
MadamKroft says...

@Silverlock Thank you so much! I'm glad others have experienced similar issues that I have. I must agree that this website has already amazed me! People on here are very open and friendly which makes for a perfect community. :) I'm a family member :') yay! :P
"Grammar is a skill that no person has mastered, but let those who have more knowledge provide assistance. If comprehension of your work is suffering, do not be afraid to ask for help in the aspect of how to present your details." -Madam Kroft

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 15, 2014 12:16 pm
chancesnchanges says...

Hi! @MadamKroft :) .. Post your stories, poems and other forms of writings here and get them reviewed. We'll be helping each other to improve thus, you'll be able to get encouragement and, importantly, friends through it. So don't be shy to share what you've been working on..

> Cha
“Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Live is a Play. We're Unrehearsed.” — Mel Brooks

GOD BLESS :D

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu May 15, 2014 12:38 pm
Laure says...

Hello, I'm Laure and welcome to YWS! I see you've already found the Welcome Mat. xD.

YWS is a wonderful and friendly community that is unequal anywhere else, so if you have any questions please feel free to me or really, anyone!

:D

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu May 15, 2014 1:59 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS!! It's an amazing, amazing place! :D
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 15, 2014 2:03 pm
birk says...

Welcome, Madam! ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu May 15, 2014 9:18 pm
Iggy says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS. =)

Do give the rules a read and then enjoy your stay here at YWS! Let me know if you have any questions. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

9 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2014 11:39 pm
View Likes
MadamKroft says...

Thank you everyone! I'm already enjoying myself! I appreciate all the replies. :)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri May 16, 2014 6:17 am
View Likes
Dutiful says...

Hello there @MadamKroft (love the username, btw)! Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here! I was afraid to share my work at first too. But then the people over here are so encouraging and wonderful, you just WANT to share more!

Here's to a memorable time! *Toasts*
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

9 Reviews

Fri May 16, 2014 11:27 am
MadamKroft says...

Thanks so much! It took my an hour of thinking to make my username because I was indecisive. Lol! :) *Toast*

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 20, 2014 11:11 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Hey MadamKroft! Welcome to YWS! What do you write?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

9 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2014 10:42 pm
MadamKroft says...

@Auxiira Thanks! I write fiction, but I seem to have a strong interest in teen fiction. :)

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Heya, Madam! Welcome! :D

I can totally relate. I've never shared a piece of my writing with anyone outside YWS. Hopefully this will change soon, but wow, YWS helps. I've been here nine months, and I've only received amazing reviews. It's like a spell that I'm afraid will be broken each time I submit a new work.

Once you're hooked, there's no turning back. This site's a drug. :smt003

If there's a problem or you need help, just contact anyone with a green, yellow, light blue, or red username.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

9 Reviews

Tue May 20, 2014 11:32 pm
View Likes
MadamKroft says...

@GoldFlame Thanks! I actually have a friend on here who knows me in real life. I read her work and was absolutely stunned by her ability! I don't know if I'm very good at writing, but I hope it's somewhat enjoyable. :)
This website is so addicting! I check it every day, even though I don't have my work done. :)
Thanks for welcoming me.

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson