z

Young Writers Society

Salutations!

Reviews: 3
Thu May 15, 2014 2:00 am
View Likes
Sidorak12814 says...

Hello, people of this website. I come in peace.

Uhh, hi!

Anyway, as you can see from that little box on the topic link you followed, I am Sidorak12814, or Sidd, for short, or even Jesse, if you want to do the whole real-name thing. I'm also the Sidorak12814 who's on DeviantArt, Wikia, and Google sites, in case any of you know happen to know me from those places.

I was referred to you guys by PrehistoricEchoes, and I'm eager to get posting here! YWS seems to be a really cool place to do some posting and peer-reviewing, which are, in order, my favorite things about writing as a hobby. So that works out great for me!

As you can probably tell from my first post on this site, I'm a follower of Christ, and that has been playing into my writing as of late. My current project is a story called Terra Duenuo, which means "Second Earth" in Latin in case you were wondering, and I'm about two-thirds done with the first draft so far. I plan to post what I have here, but if anyone's interested, my current material can also be read on my DeviantArt page (which is linked to on my profile here ;) ). I've also written quite a few Bionicle fanfics, and I'm open to read yours, too, if you want me to!

I'll see you guys around! And thanks for the welcome I've already received! :D

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Thu May 15, 2014 2:14 am
Snowery says...

Welcome Sidorak12814!!! We receive you in peace!! :)

My name is Silver, feel free to contact me or anyone else in red or green if you're having problems or just feeling a little lost. It'll be nice have you around. I'm sure that you'll grow to love this site as much as I have. :)
The World Is Mine.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu May 15, 2014 9:18 pm
Iggy says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS. =)

Give the rules a read and then enjoy the site. :mrgreen: >> Official YWS Rules & Guides
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri May 16, 2014 12:44 pm
Laure says...

Hai! Welcome to YWS! Here's your welcome gift:

*coughs* I meant the YWS world!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri May 16, 2014 1:23 pm
Cheetah says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! If you want someone to talk to, feel free to come to me. :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri May 16, 2014 2:38 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to the YWS, Sid! I'm sure you'll have a great time here, and feel free to PM me for anything~ If you're ever having trouble with bbcode, you can always check this out. I see you've already written one review; three more and you'll be able to access the chatbar!

Happy YWSing! :D
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed May 21, 2014 11:30 am
Tenyo says...

Hey Sidd! Welcome to YWS!

I'm Ten, one of your *super-friendly* neighbourhood mods. Mainly I tend to skip around the Resources forums (you can find it under the Forums tab.) As a novelist I find it a really neat place to test out my ideas, get help filling in plot holes, and generally talk about writing in general.

On that note, you're a novelist too! =D And two-thirds of the way through a novel requires a lot of dedication, so I'm quite impressed.

Fanfiction is great, too. The thing I particularly like about reading fanfiction, even if I'm not a fan of the original, is that people write it *because* they're already in love with the world and characters that they're basing it in. Even if the ideas aren't original, that passion shows through in the writing and it definitely makes a difference to the quality.

I look forward to reading some of your work =]
We were born to be amazing.

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles