z

Young Writers Society

.: Diving into the nebula... :.

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:09 am
View Likes
Monstrocker says...

Hey there everybody! -Call me Romanti :pirate3:

After getting back into my writing, I felt very rusty on my skills. Also, its a good site to make new friends here and get a chance to review your stories.

Some stuff about me-

* I am a digital artist on deviantart. I draw so much original works and fan art to express what I love. Rare times, I sometimes draw emotional works to get the stress out of my system.
* Video Games are my favorite! I particularly lean on the JRPG side. One of my absolute favorites is Suikoden, Pokemon, Wild Arms, and Rogue Galaxy
* Writing is one of the hobbies I want to improve on.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:31 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Pokemon is the awesome! I've a soft spot for Zorua. <3

Welcome to YWS! Please give the Official YWS Rules &amp; Guides a read, then enjoy our lovely site.

Also, I see you are a FFNer?! I came from there! I miss the place but YWS is my home now. ^^ I hope it becomes yours as well.

PM me if you ever need anything.

~Iggy
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 am
Monstrocker says...

Iggy wrote:Pokemon is the awesome! I've a soft spot for Zorua. <3

Welcome to YWS! Please give the Official YWS Rules &amp; Guides a read, then enjoy our lovely site.

Also, I see you are a FFNer?! I came from there! I miss the place but YWS is my home now. ^^ I hope it becomes yours as well.

PM me if you ever need anything.

~Iggy

*gasp* I love Zorua!!! That pokemon is one of my favorites :D I also have a liking to dragon pokemon such as Garchomp and Flygon. Too bad that the fairy-types are kicking their butt though, haha!

Yes, I'm an fanfiction person ever since 2010. Unfortunately, I created a new account last year to start anew :smt022 This place is pretty nice when I joined this site. Many writers are active here rather than FFN, so I am happy to be here! :D

Kk, will do!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:51 am
Iggy says...

2009 ;) It's crazy how I'm five years old on FFN but only turning three years in July on here xD

We totes give better reviews than FFN, so you'll like it better here. You actually get constructive feedback here, rather than a bunch of fluffed reviews with no real help. *nods* *used to be one of those FFNers* :mrgreen:

Welcome, once more! In case you're wondering, we're currently in a Review Day. That's when we join a review day team, are randomly put in either team red or blue, then vote on a leader/avatar/name etc. Then we close down the publishing center and review! That's why there's red and blue dots around, and banners on the home page and such. You should observe so you can join next month. :) they're so much fun.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:09 am
Monstrocker says...

Iggy wrote:2009 ;) It's crazy how I'm five years old on FFN but only turning three years in July on here xD

We totes give better reviews than FFN, so you'll like it better here. You actually get constructive feedback here, rather than a bunch of fluffed reviews with no real help. *nods* *used to be one of those FFNers* :mrgreen:

Welcome, once more! In case you're wondering, we're currently in a Review Day. That's when we join a review day team, are randomly put in either team red or blue, then vote on a leader/avatar/name etc. Then we close down the publishing center and review! That's why there's red and blue dots around, and banners on the home page and such. You should observe so you can join next month. :) they're so much fun.

whoa! Three years is quite a long time. I'm curious though. What stories you once written back at FFN?

Very, very true. To be honest I was trying to find some people who can critique stories well enough. I am so glad that there's a site like this who offers nice feedback here :D My long search is finally over! *cries happily*

Hmm, that is very interesting! I did not know of the red dot, and I got scared for a moment. I never knew it was monthly, though. I'll observe how it goes until I get the full understanding of it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I'm so jealous. You come to YWS already well-versed in bbcode? pouts in a corner
Anyway, welcome to the site! I see you're already making friends in high places. (Iggs is a global mod... and she's practically omniscient also.) So get ready to be reviewed! MWAHAHAHAHA
Also, I saw you're into digital art. So since I've dabbled in the area, I must know. Which program do you prefer?
Hope you like it here!
-Buggie
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

Hi there Romanti! Welcome to the family! You seem to fit right in!
I took a look at your art and they are very impressive!
If you need a review or just wanna say hi, feel free to send me a message!
Hope to see you around!
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:42 am
Monstrocker says...

Buggiedude2340 wrote:I'm so jealous. You come to YWS already well-versed in bbcode? pouts in a corner
Anyway, welcome to the site! I see you're already making friends in high places. (Iggs is a global mod... and she's practically omniscient also.) So get ready to be reviewed! MWAHAHAHAHA
Also, I saw you're into digital art. So since I've dabbled in the area, I must know. Which program do you prefer?
Hope you like it here!
-Buggie

Thank you! BBcode is pretty fun to experiment every now and then :mrgreen: Teehee

* After looking around at this site, I see her reviews everywhere! I'm pretty nervous to get reviewed (since several sites I been through only given me some fluff-critiques)

* Ooohhh, digital art is such a fun hobby to get in. I usually use Paint Tool Sai and GIMP for rendering. Photoshop looks like a nice art program as well, but I never really got my hands on that.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:44 am
Monstrocker says...

manisha wrote:Hi there Romanti! Welcome to the family! You seem to fit right in!
I took a look at your art and they are very impressive!
If you need a review or just wanna say hi, feel free to send me a message!
Hope to see you around!

Thank you so much for the greeting! Also, thanks for taking a look at my art ! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri May 09, 2014 2:36 pm
Hannah says...

Hi, Romanti!

It's been a long time since I visited dA, my goodness. Your work is so light and bright and flowy! I like it~ Have you ever tried making story/book covers with your art? And do you have links to any of your emotional works?

I like Pokemon, too, but haven't heard of the others. What are Suikoden, Wild Arms, and Rogue Galaxy? Not like I need a game to take up my time, but . . . haha, it couldn't hurt to know about them, right?

I hope being here on YWS will help you improve with your hobby. I hope to improve w/ time management and scheduling and sticking to goals over the long term. I'm currently trying to study for a Korean language aptitude test in November, but I feel like I have no energy to study...

Anyway, I'm Hannah! I'm here if you have any questions about anything~
And I hope you have a lovely day~
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Sun May 11, 2014 8:06 pm
Monstrocker says...

Hannah wrote:Hi, Romanti!

It's been a long time since I visited dA, my goodness. Your work is so light and bright and flowy! I like it~ Have you ever tried making story/book covers with your art? And do you have links to any of your emotional works?

I like Pokemon, too, but haven't heard of the others. What are Suikoden, Wild Arms, and Rogue Galaxy? Not like I need a game to take up my time, but . . . haha, it couldn't hurt to know about them, right?

I hope being here on YWS will help you improve with your hobby. I hope to improve w/ time management and scheduling and sticking to goals over the long term. I'm currently trying to study for a Korean language aptitude test in November, but I feel like I have no energy to study...

Anyway, I'm Hannah! I'm here if you have any questions about anything~
And I hope you have a lovely day~

Thanks Hannah for the greeting! Oh man, I wish I have time to post my writing here. This month for me is School Finals... and the exams are challenging :pirate2:

Also, thanks for looking through my artwork! Lately I have been trying new additions to experiment my art skills such as semi-realism than the usual cartoony-look. And yes, I do create cover arts for my story :D

* Hooray, another Pokemon fan! I really love Pokemon. For the other games I mention, they are pretty outdated from today. One of my favorites is Rogue Galaxy, where a protagonist travels through different planets. But you know, since the game is underrated and all, you can search it up. It is more of a sci-fi adventure kind of video game.

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard