z

Young Writers Society

Hey, bit lost...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 pm
snowball says...

Hey, I'm new here, and I'm a bit lost. I don't know how to use this site and I don't know anyone on it. I don't even know what I should do. Help? :smt022 :)

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 pm
alliyah says...

What do you need help with? Check out some of the new member forums under the "forums" tab for help to some YWS basics. To post new works you go to the "publishing center" tab and follow the directions. To post you need points, and to get points your review other people's works which you can find under the "All Literary" tab. Reviews are basically your opinion, comments, tips, and criticism for someone's literary work. Reviewing works from the "Green Room" tab will get you more points per review. That should cover some of the basics. Welcome to YWS!! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 pm
View Likes
snowball says...

Great, thanks =D and that quote is amazing =)

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Alliyah did a great job summarizing everything ^_^, I'm just going to add more to what she said because I always find these particular areas of the site helpful:

Here is a great guide if you have any questions and want to know about specific site information and how the site operates.

Here you can find great resources if you ever want to read up on writing tips, or post in the writer's corner to talk plot or discuss ideas.

Will Review For Food is a great place to start if you're looking for reviews for your own works, and you can browse for anybody who is available to review your work :) Limited to 2 requests every couple of days though, just to keep it fair.

You can check out some fun forum games if you like, or if poetry is your thing, you can join us for Napo (National Poetry Writing Month) each of us are starting a thread and posting a poem a day ^_^

For friends and community, check out the people tab, you can follow and/or comment on anybody's statuses ^_^ We have various clubs too for various interests, and then there's the chat room for fast way to talk/meet others :)

So that's the brief tour! But it's great meeting you :) Anything in particular you like to write/read?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:10 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Ok then. You are a bit lost and I am a full lost.

If you have any questions, ask the colorful people (green, dark green, orange, and red. Black is usually hidden (Our beloved leader, Nate). Or ask me even! I'm not a mentor, but I know how to navigate YWS pretty well (I even know some places some mods are clueless about. Shh, don't tell them).

Audit forgot to mention storybooks. You may want to wait a bit on storybooks. They can be very fast paced and cry addicting. First, make some reviews, get to know some people, and figure out all you need to know about YWS! If you want to know more about Storybooks, just send me a pm, get me on chat, or just say so here!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:40 pm
deleted30 says...

Well, it looks like you've already been helped. But additionally, I'd like to add...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!! :smt003 :D :smt003

Speaking from experience, I know this site can seem a bit overwhelming and confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it in no time. And if you're still lost, definitely ask the Mods, like lostthought said, or me. I'm not a Mod, but I'm online a lot and (usually) pretty good at helping out new members. ;)

Anyway, have fun and prepare to become a YWS addict!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:50 pm
Iggy says...

Don't ask anyone in orange. Those are retired mods and majority of them are inactive. ;)

You can ask me, though. Hi! Welcome to YWS. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:55 am
jacelevasco says...

Hi snowball, :) so did you find your around?

Welcome to YWS :)
jacelevasco

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:07 am
Apricity says...

Haha, looks like our beloved mods have already given you heaps of tips. So, I'm just here with a house warming gift.

*hands over freshly baked cookies with YWS iced on them*

Welcome to YWS!!!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 am
Stori says...

Hi, Snowball, and welcome to the best writing site on the web. Very nice butterfly you have there.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Mon May 05, 2014 1:28 am
Snowery says...

I love your username buddy! :) Awesome!
The World Is Mine.

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire