z

Young Writers Society

Hi there

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:19 pm
Sussano says...

Hello, I'm new around here. My name is Lior, and I'm absolutely clueless. Well, maybe not ABSOLUTELY, and I really don't know how much clue anyone else has, but all I know is that I'm somewhat lost.
I used to write short stories and poems, and it was nice and easy, but then I just had to take that stupid step forward and start a novel, I just had to. Needless to say, it did not end well. Actually, it did not end at all. like I said, I'm lost and looking for my way back to the road.
Anyway, here I am, looking desperately for inspiration and feedback, hoping that this time I had found my new home away from Word.

P.S. FYI, English is not my mother language, and I write mostly in Hebrew, but I'm trying to cultivate the idea of sometime writing something in English. I think it's a much better language for prose than Hebrew.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 pm
crossroads says...

O:

...I have a character in my current novel named Lior o.o I never heard the name before, and it's quite a nice name c:

Anyway, welcome ^^ I'm sure you'll find inspiration and feedback here, and feel free to ask me if you need anything ;)

What genre(s) do you write, what was that novel about?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 pm
Sussano says...

It's a cool name, I think, but I'm biased ;) just so you know, it means 'my light' in Hebrew.

My short stories used to be just plain, boring, drama, but my novel is more Fantasy-esque, though I really try to make the Fantasy bits as realistic as possible. It's basically about what happens to the world after a new continent is found, and not only that but it is also populated. I make it sound bad, but it should be a pretty cool story in the end, if I get it right. But, again, I'm biased.
I really like historical fiction though. I have an idea for a future novel that mixes fantasy and historical fiction (without the magic and the dragons though :P). I guess it'll have to wait.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm
lostthought says...

This is the best day for you to join.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 pm
Iggy says...

Hi Lior! Welcome to YWS. :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 pm
Sussano says...

lostthought wrote:This is the best day for you to join.

How come?

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Welcome!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart