z

Young Writers Society

Hi everybody!

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:01 am
Marco says...

if you read the title in the voice of dr nick riviera from the simpsons, that's great. If you are reading it that way now, also cool. If you have no idea what I am talking about, that's great too-you won't be the only one.

Anyway, sorry to ramble there. Hello, I just joined. I've had accounts on wattpad, figment, places like that, but I never really found the right kind of community for me. I really am looking forward to giving and receiving reviews, you see, and this place seemed like it might be good for that. I'm currently trying to write a novel--that's the big goal. I thought posting on a place like this might be the motivation I need to stick with it for once.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all ^.^

Now I have to get to reviewing so I can post some stories xD

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:11 am
Iggy says...

You actually can usually post one work before you have to review! But right now, we are at a high alert, which means that the green room is in desperate need of reviewers! So the point cost is now 500 points. Help us get that high alert to go away and stay away? :D

Anyways, welcome to YWS! I'm Iggy and it's nice to meet you. :) I hope you enjoy your time here. :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:17 am
Apricity says...

Oh trust me, YWS is better than all of those communities. I know, because I have tried all of them. Is awesome here and as you can see, everyone is pretty friendly and epic.

Welcome to YWS, have fun and be awesome! ^^
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 am
Marco says...

Iggy wrote:You actually can usually post one work before you have to review! But right now, we are at a high alert, which means that the green room is in desperate need of reviewers! So the point cost is now 500 points. Help us get that high alert to go away and stay away? :D

Anyways, welcome to YWS! I'm Iggy and it's nice to meet you. :) I hope you enjoy your time here. :mrgreen:

Hiya Iggy :) ah, okay. Sure, I mean, I was planning on reviewing stuff anyway, even once I can post things. So I take it I just head to the green room to start doing that? cool.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:29 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Greetings! Can I just point out a very special place I missed for to months here! The storybook tab! Just check it out!
Ooh, and welcome!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm
Kyana says...

Hey, nice to meet you! And welcome!
My random blog <-- and my art blog <--

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:04 pm
manisha says...

Hi there Marco!Welcome to the site! YWS is definitely better that all those all others you mentioned!
What is your novel about?
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 am
Ventomology says...

Welcome to YWS!
Your icon is super cute, by the way.
Anywho, I hope you like it here, and if you've ever got any questions, never be afraid to ask! There will always be someone to help. (I'd try Iggy before me though, since she's practically omniscient.)
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 am
Iggy says...

Marco wrote:
Iggy wrote:You actually can usually post one work before you have to review! But right now, we are at a high alert, which means that the green room is in desperate need of reviewers! So the point cost is now 500 points. Help us get that high alert to go away and stay away? :D

Hiya Iggy :) ah, okay. Sure, I mean, I was planning on reviewing stuff anyway, even once I can post things. So I take it I just head to the green room to start doing that? cool.

By all means, please do! :D

Welcome, once more! I'm glad you're here. :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm
Stori says...

Salutations, Marco. Forgive me, but I've no idea what Dr. Riviera sounds like.

Anyhow. I'm Stori, also called the unofficial chat cat (mostly by myself). I like talking, though you may have to start the conversation. Speaking of, what genre(s) do you write? I'd love to have a look at your work.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:38 pm
Tenyo says...

Haha, you're funny. I like you already =]

If you're looking for a community rather than a 'like my work and I'll like yours' site then you're in the right place. Not that I'm bias or anything, but YWS has the best reviewing system I've seen so far. The feedback is genuine, critical and encouraging, so you can improve and develop a thick skin, but still feel good about yourself and your writing.

I'm Ten, one of your super-friendly neighbourhood mods (those people with green usernames,) so if you need any help getting around the site then feel free to shoot me a PM. My speciality tends to be Resources, over in the Forums section. Testing out ideas, fixing plots, research and general writerly angsts all fall under that section, so if you get stuck with anything then give me a buzz and I'll do my best to help!

Happy YWSing!
We were born to be amazing.

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee