z

Young Writers Society

Hello new friends!

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 pm
Rook says...

Hey, I'm fortis and I love writing! I really like writing poetry, but I can be found writing prose from time to time. I also like theatre, art, and the art of procrastination. I love playing video games and ultimate frisbee. I love to sing as well. I hate chemistry. I could probably live in the scene shop of my school.
I started writing for real in August 2013 and I haven't stopped since. I can usually be found either staring out a window, writing, reading, drawing, or listening to music.
I'm looking forward to making some new friends, and working on my writing skills! :smt003
Spoiler! :
I really just wanted to make one of these because I never got a chance to.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:16 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Welcome, fortis!

You seem quite awesome, I'm sure you'll fit right in and enjoy your time here, and meet some great humans and other creatures ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

621 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:24 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Thanks AriaAdams. I'm sure I will too. How do you post something? :o

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:11 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

I would welcome you, except your avvie terrifies me. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:22 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

Heyya Fortis!How do you do? Feel free to ask me anything! :D
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:32 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Post something, like a work? *smirks* One does not simply post something, young one..

Find a purplish-blue dragonfly by a stream. Catch it carefully, offering it a small silver pendant shaped like a clef (either one) and then lead it so it lands on the pendant, on a somewhat pointy rock facing northeast. If it doesn't come to you, it means it already did this for someone else before, in which case you should find another one. If there's no such rock around, you can arrange rocks you find to fit the description, it might still work.
The fly will show you the way to a castle. "Thou shall find your answers there," it will say, "but don't forget the dangers lurking." It will fly away then, and you make sure not to lose that pendant, just in case.
In the castle, you will find a dragon in the tallest tower, imprisoned by a princess with the most perfect traits, golden blonde hair and big eyes, as pretty as she's smart, as smart as she's rich, as rich as.. you get the picture. Do not go talk to her, even though you'll feel pulled towards the tower. Speak to the king instead, and help him solve his problems.
"My daughter Mary," he will tell you, "worries me more and more every day. She is to marry the prince Gary - who until now lived as poor yet always righteous orphan who now realised his ancestors were royals - but I fear for the future of this land. The outskirts of the kingdom are slipping away, everything in it completely undeveloped and even the prettiest woods suffer from the illness of Misdescription. Many a brave knight has failed to bring life and awesomeness to this kingdom. The luckier ones ran away - the others met a more terrible faith under the Falling Rocks of Writers Blocks. Can you be the one to change our faiths, release the dragon and help my child and her fiancé gain some depth?" The king will look desperate. "In return, the dragon will always accompany you, counting your words by your side and nudging you in the right direction, and I shall hand you the keys to the magnificent Place Where Everything is Posted."

With that, you should bow and leave the king, and spend next nine days and nine hours in a small room filled with toys, butterflies, quills and papers. It will be full of locked little chests - and as you put those quills and papers to good use, writing lines of poetry or prose, they will open one by one, releasing its wonders to the world. Shall you succeed in opening them all by the end of the ninth hour of the tenth day, you shall be shown the path to the dragon and given the keys to the Place the king mentioned.
"We have your eternal gratitude," he will say, and the dragon will curl by your side.

Be proud at that moment, young one, and step into the Publishing Centre with great confidence, ready to meet the world and others like yourself. It shall explain you all the steps towards successful posting of your works (if a bit messing with the format).

Be brave!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:36 pm
lostthought says...

(Dies?) I caught you green-named. Put your arms up and don't try to escape

*lists off all your rights.*
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

621 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm
Rook says...

@Snoink Bwahahahaa! No need to fear me though. I'm harmless enough....
@manisha Thanks! :D
@AriaAdams.... I like you. I can tell we're going to be great friends. I followed your steps and they worked like a charm. Thanks! :D
@lostthought ohhnooo! I've been caught! D: What are the charges? o_O

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 pm
lostthought says...

@fortis you are charged with introduction lateness and being a mod
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:32 am
View Likes
Alpha says...

Nice to meet you, fortis! (Nice name, by the way. IT REMINDS ME OF THIS ITALIAN WORD, FORTISSIMO, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.) PM me if you need anything, and have fun here. C:
<3
I should make one too lol

621 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:58 pm
Rook says...

@lostthought those are some serious charges. :( what proof do you have though? NONE!

@Alpha nice to meet you too! Thanks I really like my name too. and Fortissimo means LOUD! :D :D
<3

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:04 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Hi, Fortis. I know we've already met, but welcome to the site anyway. :)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:13 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey fortis! Welcome to YWS!

Please, if you ever need anything, feel free to bug me because I'm a mod. See my green username? Be jealous of my moldiness. ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung