z

Young Writers Society

The Arrival of Luka

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:30 am
Luka says...

Hello! I just joined today, so I thought I should introduce myself!

My name is Luka, and I fall under the zodiac Leo. I live in a small town in Iowa with my older brother. Our parents died when I was 11, and I've lived with my brother since then. I will openly say that I'm homosexual, and I hope that everyone will accept this.

My favorite genre to write *and read* is romance. I've been known to do/say some odd things, so don't worry if I act stranger than normal at times.

Well, that's pretty much it, so I will close this by saying that I hope I am able to gain the friendship of as many people on here as I can.

The Newbie,

Luka

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:37 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, Luka! I love your username. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your parents. But at least you have your brother, yes? :/

I too love writing romance! Reading it as well, but only if it's nicely written and not, say, 50 Shades.. >_>

Totally love how proudly you admit that you're homosexual. <33

Anyways, I'll wrap this us with: hi, I'm Iggy! I'm a moderator of the site, so please, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on the chat bar. I'll be happy to assist with reviews, general FAQs, help around the site, a guide, etc.; whatever you need, I'm the Iggy for you! ^^

I hope you stick around and I hope to see you around!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:52 am
View Likes
Luka says...

*up *Laughs*

So you also like my real name. :)

Yeah, my brother means the world to me. On another note, why keep it a secret? It makes no sense to keep a part of my life hidden from the rest of the world, in my opinion.

Anyways, thanks! Three more reviews and I can use the chat bar. :)

Thanks again for the welcome.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:52 am
Dreamy says...

*drum roll* WELCOME! WELCOME! *throws confetti* *sprinkles glitter*

:D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:44 pm
BenFranks says...

Hey Luka,

Welcome to YWS. If you ever have any questions let me know! You'll love it here. :)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:52 pm
Kyana says...

Welcome Luka! I'm Kya/Ana, and I hope you enjoy it here! :D
My random blog <-- and my art blog <--

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:16 pm
Cheetah says...

You seem awesome! Welcome to YWS and feel free to come talk to me anytime. :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:26 pm
Demeter says...

Hello Luka!

You seem to carry a big story inside you, hopefully you'll let YWS know more about you when time passes! I hope you'll enjoy the site as much as I do. :)

Welcome!

Demeter x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:33 pm
lostthought says...

Hi luk! I shall call you luk because I can for it shall be your new nickname if I see you. I'm not that big a romance reader but it's readable. Welcome to YWS! If you need help just ask anyone. The chat room is always open!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:41 am
manisha says...

Welcome to the family Luka! You seem like an awesome person.
You will love it here, I know I do. Feel free to ask me anything!
Hope to see you around~
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:05 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Welcome to YWS, Luka! :-D
I tend to write a fair bit of romancy type things, but don't read all that much, or if I do it's an element of the story but not the entire plotline.
Hope to see you around the site, and I'm always happy to chat!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 am
Pompadour says...

Hey, Luka! Welcome to YWS!! And don't worry about acting strange. We're all crazy here. ;)

I hope to see some of your work up soon, and happy YWSing!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 am
Apricity says...

Hey Luka! This is who I am. ;)
Spoiler! :

So, welcome to YWS! I see you write romance, I enjoy reading romance so give me a heads up if you write something. Do you write anything else, like fantasy perhaps?

Anyways, I will stop rambling on before I bore you to death. Have fun around the site and be your awesome self, see ya around, Leo!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:54 pm
crossroads says...

A day late, but oh well. Welcome to the family ;)

I quite liked your intro post (and I'm seconding what Iggy and Demeter said above), and it's pretty awesome you got into writing nice reviews right away ^^ Except for it being romance, what is it that you write? Novels, stories, poems..?
I'm pretty sure you'll gain friendship of people here quickly, YWS is just that kind of place.. on a related note, do feel free to let me know if you need anything or feel like talking at whatever time c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:25 am
Luka says...

Already have!

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)