z

Young Writers Society

Hello! Newbie here!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 am
View Likes
Mirfain26 says...

Hey, y'all! I just joined YWS and I'm not quite sure how it works. Any suggestions, tips, rules, etc. that I should know?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:03 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to the YWS!

I see you've already figured out how to review and set up a profile. Awesome!

Let me give you the full introduction.

Spoiler! :
Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS, so be sure to read those! This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storybook section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames. Anyone you see in this color, this color, or this color, that means that they're a moderator! The top boss, the guy in black, that's Nate, so you can also go to him if you need help! You may also see this color and this color around the site! Those are members of the site who originally served on the mod squad but are now retired! You can find a whole list of the mods, past and present, here. PM any of us if you need help! :D

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :)

Hope that helps! Sorry it's so long. x)

PM or IM me if you ever need help, and again, welcome!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 am
Kanome says...

Ello, welcome to YWS c:

Honestly, the people on this site are really friendly.
When I need help with something, I usually asked the members whose names are either green, yellow, or red.

Can't wait to read your writing c:
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 am
Laure says...

Hey Mirfain! Nice username there! Welcome to YWS! You will get the culture of this awesome site pretty soon, basically you review and you get points, which you use to either give gifts, post your own work or just eat cookies. Everyone is super friendly and creative and awesome here, if you have any questions ask the mods. They are the people with green names. Since you have already found the welcome mat, you will get to know other YWSers pretty soon! As for the rules, just make sure you are courteous to other members. ;)

Once again, welcome!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:08 am
crossroads says...

Hello there, Mir!

Welcome to the family ;) Don't worry, YWS really isn't hard to figure out, and we're here to help you if you need us.

This is the area where I literally typed up nearly identical thing to what @Iggy said in the spoiler above xD Then I got distracted and she posted in the meantime, so why repeating it..

Anyways! I hope to see you around, and don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all ;)

What kind of things do you like to write?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:48 am
Apricity says...

You want someone to help you or welcome you??!!

Spoiler! :

Well, basically Iggy and Aria has already outlined a lot of things. I think you will find yourself writing or joking or just being epically awesome the way you are with the rest of us soon.

So....*shoots confetti over you* is there anything else you want to tell us? What do you like to write? Things you like?

^-^ WELCOME!!!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:36 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Hello again! As you can see, everyone around here's lovely, and a lot of them are better at explaining how YWS works than I am!
Hope to keep seeing you around!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:45 pm
manisha says...

Welcome to the family! Iggy has already pointed out the helpful things.
You will love YWS, I know I do! Hope to see you around!
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:14 pm
smile says...

hello there :D
welcome to yws ...have fun and happy writing :smt003
a friend is the person who knows the song of your heart , and he can sing it to you when you forget the words

"asma"

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:35 pm
pony123 says...

welcome! :)
My name is Katherine Storm!

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:12 pm
GreenTulip says...

Welcome to YWS! :)
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:00 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Greetings, I am your friendly neighborhood fiend! If you need someone to spam, I'm your man!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hey Mirfain and welcome! :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer