can't play the right card.
Love gets lost and never found,
sometimes keeps you forever bound.
There's a reason,
behind every season.
So live it up no matter what,
'cause I'd rather have you than not.

What do you think?
"Love is a lot like playing the piano, at first you play by the rules, but eventually you begin to play by the heart."

Follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/craz33me
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:08 pm
davantageous says...

I agree wholeheartedly with this poem. Punctuated as it might be, it was accurate and simply effortless.
Sometimes life is always hard,
can't seem to ever play the right card.
Love gets lost and never gets found,
sometimes it keeps you forever bound.
There's a reason,
behind every season.
So, live it up no matter what,
'cause I'd rather have you,than to not.
Cause I'd rather have you than be left distraught.

What do you think?

I suggested a couple minor changes. great writing. keep it up.
Davantageous

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:09 pm
Mikko says...

Here there! I'm here as requested! I think this is a nice little poem you have here. Let me start by saying welcome to YWS, again!

Now on to more serious things -the poem. I liked it, it flowed well and you didn't have many grammar mistakes. You kept it simply and added a lovely touch with the rhyme scheme. But there are some little problems I would like to help you fix:

Sometimes life is always hard,

I've underlined 'always' because at the biginning of your line, you said 'sometimes'. Hmm, you need to choose which one you want to keep and I suggest you keep the 'sometimes'.

Love gets lost and never found,

I would suggest adding 'is' between 'and' and 'never'. I don't know, but it would make more sense. After 'found' try using a hyphen or a semi-colon because I don't really like the sound of the comma here.

There's a reason,
behind every season.

These two lines are nice. Not much to say here.

I uderstand that rhyming is difficult, especially if you don't want the poem to sound horrible or cliché or forced but I really think the end could have been much better. Why not because one life's really all you've got if you want to stick to this life and love thing? I don't know. It's your choice and anyway there isn't really much wrong with how it ends - I'm just being difficult!

Well, all-in-all, it was a lovely poem and I hope that as you keep posting, you improve to achieve great things!

Good luck! And keep writing!

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:21 pm
View Likes
craz33me says...

How about this?

Sometimes life is hard, (I got rid of the always)
can't seem to play the right card. (I added seem to)
Love gets lost and is never found- (I added the is and the - I agree it does sound better)
sometimes keeps you forever bound.
There's a reason,
behind every season. (kept these three lines the same.)
Live it up no matter what, (decided to keep this the same too. It has a lot of meaning to me.)
'cause I'd rather have you than to not. (I just added the to.)

Thanks for the criticism,
I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Ciara<3
"Love is a lot like playing the piano, at first you play by the rules, but eventually you begin to play by the heart."

Follow me on Twitter!
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:47 am
MSDavies says...

Great job, I really like your poem. It's truthful and it's something all can pretty much relate to. Bravo. I would definitely like to thank you for putting it up for others to enjoy. Awesome job! Keep on writing.(:

--Maya
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”--Carlos Ruiz Zafon

18 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:06 pm
craz33me says...

Thank you. It means a lot to me. :)

Follow me on Twitter!
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:55 pm
missbookworm says...

This is a great poem! It flows really nicely and has a great rhythmic beat to it, which is exactly what you want with lyrical poetry. I can't think of too many changes that I would suggest you make. Definitely keep writing because I would love to read more from you! Kudos and keep up the good work! Happy writing!
Jess

18 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 pm
craz33me says...

Thank you. :)

Sincerely,
Ciara<3

Follow me on Twitter!
Skype me! Geek33pikachu

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill