z

Young Writers Society

What inspires you to write?

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pm
butterflybella says...

How did you get into writing?
Why do you do it? I know there are deeper reasonings than just liking it.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:33 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I know there are deeper reasonings than just liking it.

Not always. ;P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:38 pm
Emmzziee says...

Sometimes I get inspired by films, or music :)
But then I get scared that I'm not using my imagination properly :O
I want to play a game.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm
View Likes
shadowraiki says...

Generally life sucks so I day dream a lot. Since I don't want to forget my dreams, I write them down in a story format.
If words are just letters put together, why do we decide on what they mean?

I step away from the grammar to review the story.

I don't do poetry.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:03 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

shadowraiki wrote:Generally life sucks so I day dream a lot. Since I don't want to forget my dreams, I write them down in a story format.
Ditto.
Last edited by Justagirl on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:51 pm
Francis Michael Buck says...

I just kind of have to. I constantly have ideas for stories, characters, etc., and I just have to get it out. It started just for the hell of it when I was like ten, and since then it has become my biggest passion in life. Unlike a lot of people, I almost never write to like, get a "message" across or anything. For me it's just about telling a story, and then with that, getting a certain "feeling" across. Creating an atmosphere, like a sort of sensation that goes beyond sight, smell, touch. I want to give people a sense of awe, kind of. I want to create stories that are epic in scope, and in their resolutions and can give people goosebumps.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 pm
View Likes
Daisuki says...

When I want a poem to make me feel happy, but I can't find one, I make it myself.

Sometimes - to put it unappealingly - it's like I'm puking up all the stuff inside. Then I feel better ;)
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 am
charcoalspacewolfman says...

I think it's partly because I like talking. I'm not good at talking (often when I'm done talking, people will say things like, "Don't you mean, 'coffee machine'? You said tape dispenser.") so I write and it generally comes out about the same, only with slightly more magical creatures.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 pm
View Likes
Priceless says...

Simply the fact that I can't do anything else. o.O
We're all a little weird. And life's a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm
Monki says...

What inspires me to write:
1. Scholarships! I just found one that I am determined to win! High school seniors put together a portfolio of their writing and send it to this prestigious organization and there are amazing prizes for winners! (There are thousands of winners, by the way.) And this contest isn't just for high school seniors - there are different categories. :) Message me if you would like more info about it. I could post a link to the website if you want. The contest doesn't start until September 15th, but I'm starting and preparing early. :D

2. The fact that I am really not good at anything else... It's true. xD

3. I've been writing since first grade, when I wrote a story about a purple penguin and it was "published" in my school and put in the media center for all to read. Everyone was so impressed. Since then, I've always written. I guess I feel a need to just continue doing it; I can't imagine doing anything else.

:)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:29 am
Starlight9 says...

Usually, I get inspired by music (and not any type of music, I just keep listening to Addict Lounge radio on iTunes) & movies with great stories. Sometimes I just find characters pumping into my dreams, strange characters yet interesting to be placed in any story.
shadowraiki wrote:Generally life sucks so I day dream a lot. Since I don't want to forget my dreams, I write them down in a story format
>> Same here!
★L9

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm
Starhunter says...

I got into writing when I was six and decided I wanted to write something different. I then proceeded to write a typical kids' book about a family of birds and the cat who wanted to eat them. It had a happy ending.... for the cat. (See? different.)
But what inspires me? Everything! Books, music, movies.... somebody walking backward for a few steps... the feeling of being invisible sometime, or playing a role... everything gives me ideas. Granted they don't always become stories, but sometimes they do. And when they build up to much and I feel like I can't think about anything else I write it down to get it out.
Sometimes it feels like I write out of self-preservation. :)
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:59 pm
Lumi says...

It's really just pure emotion for me. I can't think about an idea and just puke images onto paper. I literally have to feel it, or nothing happens. But that's just with poetry.

With fiction, it's just a matter of seeing it in my head. Exactly as it happens. Or else I screw it up.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:47 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

I think every writer would agree, at some point along the line - whether you write for a hobby or professionally - writing is spawned from reading. You cannot write without having read, and you cannot read if no-one has written.

It's the relationship between these two which inspire truly.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:03 pm
Jas says...

Lumi wrote:
With fiction, it's just a matter of seeing it in my head. Exactly as it happens. Or else I screw it up.

Exactly that + daydreams.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman