z

Young Writers Society

Random

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:26 am
ChocolateMoonLight says...

Hey there!

These photos are the one I took while on a road trip. They are just me appreciating the beauty of nature, (that was poetic!) whatever so...

Hope you all like it and any kind of feedback appreciated! :D

sunset 3.jpg
sunset 3.jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 318 times

sunset 4.jpg
sunset 4.jpg (28.33 KiB) Viewed 318 times

sunset 1.jpg
sunset 1.jpg (30.62 KiB) Viewed 318 times

sunset 2.jpg
sunset 2.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 318 times

sunset 5.jpg
sunset 5.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 318 times

Hope you all enjoy the different shades of a setting sun...
Last edited by ChocolateMoonLight on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler! :
Checkout the different shades of sunset...
topic84708.html

Need a review??? Click here! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic87443.html#p913699%20URL%20Review%20Bar...

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:39 pm
Abigail_W. says...

Hi ChocolateMoonLight! It's great you had a camera with you at this moment, and I really like the colors in these photos. You can't really go wrong with sunset pictures! My only problem is that these photos are GIGANTIC! On the main Art & Photography page, check out the threads on How to Resize and Image and how to Resize Without Photobucket. Oftentimes, the larger a photo it is, the worse the quality is. I'd realy love to see more of your photography in smaller form! Keep snapping!

-Abigail

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:59 pm
Arisu2533 says...

Abigail_W is right they were gigantic, but they were beautiful. I hope to see more of your photography. I hope your trip was fun! Can't wait for more pictures from you!
" The little girl ran into the angel’s arms and into heaven, while I flew to hell."-by EvensLily
a spactacular YWS writer!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:07 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Hello ChocolateMoonLight,

These are all really good pictures and I love the warm pastel tones of the landscape and yes
They are just me appreciating the beauty of nature, (that was poetic!)
they really do make you appreciate the beauty of nature! I enjoyed how in most of the photos they are mostly of the sky with just a little bit of grassy terrain at the bottom, it was really very effective in these pictures. Okay now I have a bit of advice for you so that you can make your pictures even better.

Firstly I really hate to repeat what others have already gone over and mentioned but they are both right, these pictures really need re sizing, no question about it. Since I have been in the position before where I didn't know how to re size pictures but I knew I needed to I have included some links for you to try. Firstly my favorite editing site http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome, just remember if you want to use this website then make sure you don't get tempted to over edit your pictures.

Another alternative is to use tutorials that Abigail_W. and Elinor Brynn have made. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic59687.html The first one is made by Elinor Brynn about how to re size using Photobucket the only flaw in this method is that you have to sign up for photo shop, which is an quick and easy process but it is still nevertheless a setback. Which is why Abigail_W. has made another tutorial which tells you how to re size without the hassle of signing up for Photobucket. The link is here> http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic67812.html I honestly have no idea which of the tutorials is more effective, I think it really depends on what method you like personally.

The other thing that I found was that it was extremely difficult to see the photos as they weren't very clear at all. At first I actually thought they were all the same picture because it was so blurry. You really need to play around with that on photo editing websites, try Picnik (the one I suggested earlier) or Photobucket http://photobucket.com/. Again I really don't know which one of these is a better site. Just have a go with each and find out.

My favorite photo of the bunch would have to be the first one because of the sun glowing so brightly on the right edge of the photo because it made it much warmer and colorful and it made the picture a whole extra bit better. I also like how you captured the different tones of the sky and how it changed from a salmon pink to a lavender purple. i thought it just looked really beautiful. if you would like any more reviews on your work feel free to nag me about it and I will get around to it as soon as possible.

From DreamingForever
Last edited by EnchantedPanda on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:03 pm
Arisu2533 says...

Omg! Much better! It looks so much beautiful then I imagined. Again, don't leave me waiting for more! Keep taking pictures!
" The little girl ran into the angel’s arms and into heaven, while I flew to hell."-by EvensLily
a spactacular YWS writer!

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:53 pm
Abigail_W. says...

Hello! Back by request...

I love the contrasting colors and, as I said before, you really can't go wrong with sunsets. My only suggestion would maybe be to adjust your focus a little more next time so the sun is clearer. I realize you were probably going very fast in a car and there wasn't much you could do in the way of perfecting the shots. Good job and I'd like to see more of your photography!

-Abigail

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:23 am
borntoshop says...

It's thee best when you have a camera at the perfect moment. Personally, I take my camera every where so i don't miss out on a gorgeous moment like this. Well done for capturing this, because I know it can be quite hard to get it right. What type of camera are you using?
These are really cute photos, so, well done. Maybe next time you could experiment with the angle and what can make your photo more interesting and unique. (:
:D

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb