makes big puffs
swoot sweet swoot do deedee doo

It's a tornado we screamed!
To the tent!
The Worlds ending!
Laughter!

Laughter...
_gone forever.
Last edited by ShadowKnight155 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:27 am
VousEsEtonnant says...

Hehehe, you did it again. You used warm twice in the first stanza. This one is actually better than chapter 2. Hmmmm. Try putting "its a tornado" in quotes. Or comma? That is about the only two nitpicks. I love how it started light and carefree, with Kelsey, qho is/was obviously important to you, but the last line shows it is a bittersweet memory. Brilliant, dear Knight. A msterpiece.
"And when you're out there,
without care, yeah,
I was out of touch!
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough,
I just knew too much."

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 pm
lele253isme says...

I love it. awesome and very poetic at the same time. But not in the regular poetic way, more of in your own style. And thats exactly what I love about this series. LOL< look at me getting all critic-y.

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun May 01, 2011 1:22 am
SmylinG says...

Maybe you were going for a style, but there was really no punctuation at all apart from the exclamation marks. It seemed imbalanced, but maybe that's just me. This obviously doesn't take away from the poem itself, it's more so a personal preference of mine I suppose. ^-^ Here's how I would have written this:

ShadowKnight155 wrote:I love the sunshine(,)
warm rays clouded out(,)
then the extra warm ones seep through(.)

Trees dance with the leaves
floating in the breeze(.)
La la la deedee doo(.)

Kelsey and I asked
Daddy to put up the tent(;)
they're fun to play in(.)

Wind, it blows and huffs(,)
makes big puffs(.)
Swoot sweet swoot do deedee doo(.) (These sounds don't seem to do much as I read them, other than remind me of Whinni-the-Pooh for some reason.)

It's a tornado(,) we screamed! (Try italisizing the words they scream.)
To the tent!
The World(')s ending!
Laughter!

Laughter...
_gone forever.

In my opinion, this seemed a bit simple. But maybe that's the approach you were going for? Although, it did seem to intend to be aimed in the style of a childhood memory. Maybe that's why you added the little sound words in here. Either way, I would probably rate this at about a 7 out of 10. Seemed like it could use some building onto.

The ending was quite vague. I figured you meant the memories were there, but the moment was gone forever. It might sound a lot nicer though if you built a little more on the poem prior to its ending. If even in the slightest ways, I think it might only be of benefit.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie