z

Young Writers Society

"Unfortunately... I love you" Chapter 2 (Draft #2)

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hi, everyone! I'm not totally proud of this chapter, but I like it. I think the problem is that it does not have enough descriptions, so if you help me I would be really thankful. Click here,for the first chapter.

notita.gif
notita.gif (17.28 KiB) Viewed 381 times

I was in my bedroom, almost swimming in all the books that were over my bed and doing what kids use to do after school; H.o.m.e. W.o.r.k.... The truth is I was asleep on my homework, using one of the books as a pillow. I know that was not very comfortable, but the fresh summer air that was coming from my window was. Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped over all the stuff that was in my room.

“What is this? You are almost drowning in your homework,” Jezlynne said, sitting in my desk chair.

“Yes, I know, and the worst part is I had to do it twice,” I said

“Why?”

“Because I was eating an ice cream and I accidentally...”

“Oh, you gotta stop eating so much ice cream.”

“No! Speaking of ice cream, today I met a boy and he wasn't that sweet,” I said running my finger through my untidy hair-bang.

“Why?”

“Because, I was pacifically at the square, shooing the pigeons... I mean, I wasn't even screaming. Then he stood behind me, started laughing and for some reason the pigeons flew away!”

“Sure, I know you pretty well, so I'm completely sure you were pacific,” she said sarcastically. “And do you know his name?” she asked.

“No. I can't remember, I don't know, and guess what? I don't care,”

“Right... I forgot you need a memory back up every hour,” she moved my computer mouse, making the screen came to life.
“Look, Janny. You have a buddy invitation on the IM,” she said getting up from the chair.

“Adam Velazquez? What's that? wou...” I said staring at the computer with one eyebrow up.

“Do you know him?” asked Jezlynne sitting on my bed.

“Oh, my Gosh! Now, how did he find me?” I said looking at the computer.

“Yes, this is Mr. Fairy Godmother,” I said.

“Fairy Godmother? Oh, he's from the drama class, right?”

“No, he's the guy from the square,” I said putting my hand in my forehead.

“Hmm... I see, you talked a lot with this boy. Didn't you?” Jezlynne said, smiling.

“I didn't mention my... There is no way I'm going to add him. Where did he get my name?” I screamed, letting my hand fall in the keyboard.

“Ouch!” I said, touching my palm with the other hand

“I thought you said you wouldn't add him,” Jezlynne said laughing.

“Off course I won't,”

“I think is a little too late,” Jezlynne said.

“Wha-a..? How? No!” I said looking at the computer.

Jezlynne's cellphone rang at the moment and she left, with that song...
“There's only three words I wanna ask. What's your name? Oh, I really wanna know, cause every time I get there it's right before you go...”
and blah, blah, blah...I hate that song it's so preposterous.

Then I received an IM from Adam, my heart was beating fast, like when you're almost dancing trying to shoo pigeons away. You know what I mean, right?

Adam: Hi, JANETTE.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: How did you find me?
Adam: Hmm... I'll think about an answer.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crewTell me or I'll be force to block you.
Adam: Okay, dear. I will, but you already know it.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Spill it out.
Adam: Well, I'm your fairy Godmother, I know everything about you.

Right at that instant my cellphone rang, it was my sister's best friend's brother, Michael. He went to my school and we were close friends.
“Hi, Janny,” he said

“Hi. How are you?” I asked, walking in circles around my room.

“Good. Hey, I'm calling you to tell you that today my cousin was at my house, we were in the computer and I was on the IM. He saw your photo and he said he knows you. Is that true?”

“Well, I can't tell you if you don't tell me his name,” I said.

“Then he begged for your e-mail, I told him no, but he kept bothering and I just gave it to him. He almost said Send it to me... or else! and I sent it. So now I'm wondering... Did he invited you? Like I told you, his name is Adam Velazquez,” he said fast and breathless.

“Like I told you?... Wait, What? Adam is your cousin?”

“Oh, so you know him. I'm glad, because if you didn't, I'm pretty sure I would be dead by now.” he said relieved.

“You just ruined my life, and I don't know him, I saw him for the first time today,” I screamed.

Then I kept looking at the computer's monitor, and smiled at it. I dropped my cellphone to the bed, sat at my chair and I continued my conversation with Adam.

Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Well, guess what? Now I'm an for forteller. Cousins, they're so helpful.
Adam: No, that's not true. I am your fairy Godmother.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Then why is your nickname Adam? I mean, your name should be Fairy Godmother or something like that. What about F.G.? For it to be cooler.
Adam: BRB.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: >=P
Janny's fairy Godmother: Done. :D
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Done what?
Janny's fairy Godmother: Done, I change my nickname.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: What? That's not what I told you to do.
Janny's fairy Godmother: I know, but I'm not a Fairy Godmother I'm YOUR fairy Godmother. >=P
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Well, I'm sorry Adam... but I have to go. The card is expired.
Janny's fairy Godmother: What card? :?
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: The “Being patient card”.
That day I discovered Adam was one of those boys that don't let go. What am I gonna do? Anyway, I am not going to see him again. I thought to myself.

Thanks for reading! Click "Like" if you liked it!
:smt003
Last edited by GeeLyria on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 pm
LadyPurple says...

I ike it the way it is. By the way thanks for telling me that you posted this. It's really nice and I hope you write more of it! Anyway I found a few errors.
Solvalery wrote:I was in my bedroom, almost swimming in all the books that were over my bed and doing what kids use to do after school; H.o.m.e. W.o.r.k.... The truth is I was asleep on my homework, using one of the books as a pillow, I know that was not very conformable, but the fresh summer air that was coming from my window was. Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped with all the stuffs that were in my room. Try: she walked in and tripped over all the stuff that was in my room.

“What is this? You are almost drowning in your homework,” said Jezlynne sitting in my desk chair.

“Why?”

“Oh, you gotta stop eating so much ice cream.”

“No! Speaking of ice cream today I met a boy and he wasn't that sweet,” I said running my finger through my untidy hair-bang.

“Why?”

“Because, I was pacifically at the square, shooing the pigeons... I mean, I wasn't even screaming. Then he stood behind me, started laughing and for some reason the pigeons flew away!”

“Sure, I know you pretty well, so I'm completely sure you were pacific,” she said sarcastically. “And do you know his name?” she asked.

“Right... I forgot you need a memory back up every hour,” she moved my computer mouse, making the screen came to life.
“Look, Janny. You have a buddy invitation on the IM,” she said getting up from the chair.

“Adam Velazquez? What's that? wou...” I said staring at the computer with one eyebrow up.

“Oh, my Gosh! Now, how did he found me?” I said looking at the computer.

“Hmm... I see, you talked a lot with this boy. Didn't you?” Jezlynne said, smiling.

“I didn't mention my... There is no way I'm going to add him. Where did he get my name?” I screamed, letting my hand fall in the keyboard.You didn't put a period here.

“Off course I won't,”

“I think it is a little too late,” Jezlynne said.

“There's only three words I wanna ask. What's your name? Oh, I really wanna know, cause every time I get there it's right before you go...”
and blah, blah, blah...I hate that song It is so preposterous. I use to love jesse mecartney :mrgreen: .

Then I received an IM from Adam, my heart was beating fast, like when you're almost dancing trying to shoo pigeons away. You know what I mean, right?

Janny from I <3 ice cream crewTell me or I'll be force to block you.

Right at that instant my cellphone rang, it was my sister's best friend's brother, Michael. He went to my school and we were close friends.
“Hi, Janny,” he said

“Good. Hey, I'm calling you to tell you that today my cousin was at my house, we were on the computer and I was on the IM. He saw your photo and he said he knows you. Is that true?”

“Then he begged for your e-mail, I told him no, but he kept bothering and I just gave it to him. He almost said Send it to me... or else! and I sent it. So now I'm wondering... Did he invited you? Like I told you, his name is Adam Velazquez,” he said fast and breathless.

“Oh, so you know him. I'm glad, because if you didn't, I'm pretty sure I would be dead by now.” he said relieved.

“You just ruined my life, and I don't know him, I saw him for the first time today,” I screamed.

Then I kept looking at the computer's monitor, and smiled at it. I droped my cellphone to the bed, sat at my chair and I continued my conversation with Adam.

Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Well, guess what? Now I'm an for forteller. Cousins, they're so helpful.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Then why is your nickname Adam? I mean, your name should be Fairy Godmother or something like that. What about F.G.? For it to be cooler.
Janny's fairy Godmother: I know, but I'm not a Fairy Godmother I'm YOUR fairy Godmother. >=P
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Well, I'm sorry Adam... but I have to go. The card is expired.
That day I discovered Adam was one of those boys that don't let go. What am I gonna do? Anyway, I am not going to see him again. I thought to myself.

That's it. Well that's all for now! Until next time.
~Ladypurple.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm
sodapoplunchbox says...

Hey Solvalery!
You have a few grammar mistakes in here, if you reread this outloud I'll bet that you can find most of them. But I'll point some of them out(:

The truth is I was asleep on my homework, using one of the books as a pillowperiod I know that was not very comfortable, but the fresh summer air that was coming from my window was. Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped with over all the stuffs that were was in my room.

“What is this? You are almost drowning in your homework,” said Jezlynne sitting in my desk chair. This would sound less awkward if you wrote "Jezlynne said, sitting in my desk chair."

“No! Speaking of ice creamcomma today I met a boy and he wasn't that sweet,” I said running my finger through my untidy hair-bang. (Would someone say that in real life? It sounds awkward.)

“Oh, my Gosh! Now, how did he found me?” I said looking at the computer.

“And do you know his name?” she asked.

If she didn't remember his name, how did she know that was him on IM?

She clearly did know him, even if they've only met once. And it's a little extreme to say that Michael just ruined Janny's life, you know?

Well, that's all I want to point out. I hope I helped!
PM me if you have any questions!
-SodapopLunchbox
I hope you like the stars I stole for you,
One hundred million twinkle lights in neon blue.
I'll be the brightest,
You'll see!

556 Reviews

Reviews: 556
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 pm
ziggiefred says...

Hello there :)
Hope you are well.
So, I think your writing in this entry has improved from the last because now you are explaining a lot more and connecting with the reader, very nice. There were a couple spelling errors and ladypurple has done a good job at outlining some of the problem areas. Just try hard to cross check before you submit next time. I'm loving the story, great improvement.
Good luck with this.
Ziggie
The best is what you make it!

...eh, need a review? Click me!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 pm
LibbyLovesDrums says...

Heyy, loveddd it<3 You've got serious badasss skills girl. Be proud I was impressed found a couple minor errors, nobody's work is perfect.
Just go back over it. Like
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Tell me or I'll be force to block you.
“I'm gonna be a superstar musician, kill myself and go out in a flame of glory, just ike Jimi Hendrix"-Kurt Cobain<3

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 pm
Nike says...

hellooo. I got your PM so I'll review it!
So, this is a bit confusing. First of all-- you change your tenses from past tense to present. Some of the things you wrote made no sense. Like for example: how did he found me? It should be find me.
The writers above me have said many things and I don't wanna repeat it because I agree with them.
The story is cute and a bit confusing because you change the way the MC thinks alot-- fix that by re-reading it!
The story is really great! Keep Writing!
Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:51 pm
PandaRawr says...

I realy liked it. There were a couple of dramatical mistakes, but they were pointed out above. I'm not going to repeat them orthis whole review would be a big eye sore. Though I did enjoy it and I want more. P.M. me when you gedt more.
When you turn to face the sun, all of the shadows fall behind you.
I used to be Writer97 but that was boring so I changed it. PandaRawr is more me.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:57 pm
Leilani says...

Since everyone above me took the words out of my mouth I agree with all of it. There were some errors which again they pointed above. I like it, I'm gonna go read the next one ^-^
keep writing it, it's going great
hehe.
---Leilani <3
p.s: story's really great :p
Happiness is a perfume you can not pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself <3

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:30 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Sol, Stella here!

I. NITPICKS

that were over my bed and doing what kids use to do after school;

all over my bed, maybe? Or just "on my bed". And "what kids used to do."

Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped over all the stuff that was in my room.

This is just a bit "and then and then and then." Say "I was woken up by my sister Jezlynne" or something.

Pacific doesn't seem the right word here. Try "calm" maybe?

memory back up? Memory check, maybe? and "come to life".

For forteller? Fortune teller?

Alright.

II. OVERALL

Your grammar really isn't too bad at all, there are a few slips, but they're alright. As far as content goes, I'd like to see a little more development, it's all a bit fluffy at the moment, but it's not bad!

Hope I helped, drop me a note if you need anything!

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:47 pm
LittlePrincess says...

Hi, I decided to check to see if you had anything new and you did! So I am here for a review :) Lets get started...

H.o.m.e. W.o.r.k....

Why is it spelt like that? For reading purposes I would suggest keeping it a regular word.. perhaps have an adjective to get your point across: Dreaded homework, for example.

but the fresh summer air that was coming from my window was

If it's summer should she be in school? Spring air maybe?

Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped over all the stuff that was in my room.

Take out the then. Instead say, eventually or soemthing like that

I was pacifically at the square

What does that mean?

“And do you know his name?” she asked.

You don't need to say "she asked" because it is clear that she is talking.

Mr. Fairy Godmother? I'm not really sure what that is supposed to mean..

I really liked this.

I also love the situation, like how Adam learned her name and email. Great job! PM me with any questions, comments, concerns.. i hope i helped :)
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:13 pm
*coco says...

Hiya, Solvalery! A million and one apologies for the late review, you caught me just a few days before I went on holiday. Anyway, I'm back now and I hope this helps!

Note: the stuff in the brackets are suggestions for improvement and the stuff in bold are my own additions, your free to ignore them, I just feel that they make the sentence sound better

Solvalery wrote:
I was in my bedroom, almost swimming in all the books that were over my bed and doing what kids [I think you should put 'normally do' here] after school; H.o.m.e. W.o.r.k....[I think this would be more effective if it were in capitals] The truth is I was asleep on my homework, using one of the books as a pillow. I know that it was not very comfortable, but the fresh summer air coming from my window was. Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked into my bedroom and tripped over all the school books that littered the floor.

“What is this? You're almost drowning in your homework!” Jezlynne said, sitting in my desk chair.

“Yes, I know, and the worst part is I had to do it twice,” I said.

“Why?”

“Because I was eating an ice cream and I accidentally...” [Hmm, so are you trying to say that the ice-cream fell on ALL of her homework? That doesn't seem very realistic to me]

“Oh [add your character's name here], you gotta stop eating so much ice cream!

“No! [No what? Elaborate: "No, I can't", or "No, I don't want to"] Anyway, speaking of ice cream, today I met a boy and he wasn't that sweet ,” [okay, I'm not a fan of this sentence. I think it would be better if you said something like "Speaking of ice-cream, I met a boy at the park today etc"] I said running my finger through my untidy bangs.

“Why?”

“Because, I was at the square, shooing the pigeons... I mean, I wasn't even screaming. Then he stood behind me, started laughing and for some reason the pigeons flew away!”

[I'm sorry but I didn't get any of the conversation above. How is the boy not sweet? She wanted the pigeons gone and he made them fly away, didn't he? And why would she care for his name anyway, he's a stranger right? Unless he was good-looking]

“Look, Janny [You should've mentioned her name before]. You have a buddy invitation on the IM!” she said getting up from the chair.

“Adam Velazquez? Who's that...?” I said staring at the computer with one eyebrow up.

Yes! Oh, my Gosh! Now, how did he find me?” I said looking at the computer. “This is Mr. Fairy Godmother!”

“Fairy Godmother? Is he the guy from drama class?”

“Hmm... I see. You used to talk a lot with this boy, didn't you?” Jezlynne said, smiling.

There is no way I'm going to add him. Where did he even get my name? I don't remember mentioning it!” I screamed, letting my hand fall in the keyboard.

“Off course I won't,”

[I'm not getting what's happened here either. Did her hand slip and did she accidentally accept?]

“There's only three words I wanna ask. What's your name? Oh, I really wanna know, cause every time I get there it's right before you go...” and blah, blah, blah...I hate that song. It's so preposterous. [haha! I loved that line :D ]

Then I received an IM from Adam. My heart was beating fast, like when you're almost dancing trying to shoo pigeons away [Very random]. You know what I mean, right?

Adam: Hmm... I'll have to think about the answer to that question
Janny from I <3 ice cream crewTell me or I'll block you.
Adam: Okay, fine. I will, but you already know it.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: No, I don't. Spill.
Adam: I'm your fairy Godmother, I know everything about you. [I'm confused]

“Hi, Janny,” he said

“Hi. How are you?” I asked, walking in circles around my room. [why was she walking in circles? Elaborate]

“Good. I'm just calling you to tell you that today my cousin was at my house, we were in the computer and I was on the IM. He saw your photo and he said he knows you. Is that true?”

“His name is Adam Velazquez. He practically begged for your e-mail. I kept telling him no, but he kept bothering me so I just gave it to him. Anyway... Did he invite you?” he said, fast and breathless. [why is he breathless?]

“Wait, What? Adam is your cousin?”

Then I kept looking at the computer's monitor, and smiled at it. I dropped my cellphone to the bed, sat at my chair and I continued my conversation with Adam.

Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Well, guess what? Now I'm a forteller...Cousins, they're so helpful.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: Then why is your nickname Adam? I mean, your name should be Fairy Godmother or something like that. What about F.G.?
Janny's fairy Godmother: Done, I changed my nickname.
Janny from I <3 ice cream crew: The “Being patient card”. [LOL]

Thanks for reading! Click "Like" if you liked it!
:smt003

This is pretty good for someone who's first language isn't English so an invisible pat on the back from me to you for your effort. Of course there are a lot of things to improve on, mainly the dialogue, especially between different character's. You also have a problem with elaboration. You need to explain a lot more of what's going on using the narration. Apart from that this was good. I'm looking forward to finding out what's going to happen next. Right now this has got a sort of stalker feel to it, so I can't wait for more!

Hope I've helped!

*coco
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:57 pm
Kagi says...

Write more write more more more more..
*leaps onto stool and starts a chant;
We want more
We want more! (x5000)*

This is soo good, when will there be more.
*Whines*
Kaka xx
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm
RoseGryffindor says...

It's cute and getting so interesting. I like the originality of it. But the speaking part with her sister when she tells her about Adam's IM friend request just doesn't flow right. I would try to explain further but my computer is being mean and every time I try to highlight and add something the screen moves up and won't allow me to go back down until I un-highlight it. :P so this is all I can do. There's a couple grammacitcal errors that I know you'll fine when you go back and look through it.

was in my bedroom, almost swimming in all the books that were over my bed and doing what kids use to do after school; H.o.m.e. W.o.r.k.... The truth is I was asleep on my homework, using one of the books as a pillow. I know that was not very comfortable, but the fresh summer air that was coming from my window was. Then my big sister, Jezlynne, woke me up when she walked in and tripped over all the stuff that was in my room.My big sister, Jezlynne woke me when she walked in and tripped over all books and clothes that were lying in my room.

“What is this? You are almost drowning in your homework,” Jezlynne said, sitting in my desk chair.

“Why?”

“Oh,Take out "Oh," you gotta stop eating so much ice cream.”

“No! Speaking of ice cream, today I met a boy and he wasn't that sweet,” I said running my finger through my untidy hair-bang.

“Why?”

“Because, I was pacifically? at the square, shooing the pigeons... I mean, I wasn't even screaming. Then he stood behind me, started laughing and for some reason the pigeons flew away!”

“Oh, my Gosh! Now, how did he find me?” I said looking at the computer.

“I didn't mention my... There is no way I'm going to add him. Where did he get my name?” I screamed, letting my hand fall in the keyboard.

“Off course I won't,”

and blah, blah, blah...I hate that song it's so preposterous.

Janny from I <3 ice cream crew:Tell me or I'll be force to block you.

“Hi, Janny,” he said

“Good. Hey, I'm calling you to tell you that today my cousin was at my house, we were in the computer and I was on the IM. He saw your photo and he said he knows you. Is that true?”

Janny's fairy Godmother: Done.
Janny's fairy Godmother: What card?
May all your bacon BURN! ~Calcifer "Howl's Moving Castle"

I can factcheck ur flashback outfits
— SirenCymbaline