z

Young Writers Society

No More Reviews Needed

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:00 pm
Daisuki says...

I've been posting way too often - I hope I'm reviewing enough! Anyways, this was too big to scan, and although the two pictures I took are similar, they're slightly different to me. -_- Also, when I took them, it was outside to get the best lighting, but even looking down the sun was blinding me. Stupid sun.

Eh, sorry I didn't take the red numbers/date off, but thanks for looking at this anyways!
I'm off to do some reviewing...
-Suki
Last edited by Daisuki on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:36 pm
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Hi,

OOOOOH PRETTY!!! I love glitter glue!

Farewell,
A.
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm
RebelAngel says...

Wow. That's a really awesome drawing. I like the gold on the eyes and the earrings, as well as the clear cut lines on the tunic/shit. Her smile is very open, friendly and inviting. I like the skin and shading. Is it an Anime style?

Nicely done.
When you're mine, I'll protect you from everything.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:26 pm
gleek456 says...

I love your drawing. The gold as eye shadow and the earring and the glitter on her hair gave a nice touch. The shading is very well done and like RebelAngel said, the smile is friendly and inviting! Awesome job and keep it up!

- gleek456 <3
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:29 pm
TylynRae says...

Hey there. I can see where they're a bit different, the skin is a bit darker in the first one, and I think I prefer it. i like the shading you did and the smudging you did at the end of the hair, making it look like it has more movement. Very nice =] I think a green background of sorts would have really made this pop even more. =]
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am
apple96 says...

Reminds me of Erza Scarlet :) Now I want to go and watch Fairy Tail!
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:48 pm
Supernova77 says...

Hey Daisuki!

(WARNING: This is a really small review considering the ones that I usually and normally do)

I liked your picture a lot. Did you draw it on A3 size paper? Since you said that it was too big to fit into a printer.

By the way, you are right when you said that the two pictures looked kind of the same. I agree with that, but I also have to agree when you said "sort of different". It was different. The one at the bottom was a little darker than the one on top. You could have straightened it out with a little touch of Photoshop.

WHY I LIKED IT: I liked it because it was drawn beautifully. The glitter on the earrings and the hair looked nice. Especially the hair. Keep up the good work!

WHY I DID NOT LIKE IT: I think you added too much of glitter on the eyes. Perhaps you should remove it. When I looked at the picture first, I got a bit scared, because I thought that the eyes were open and the golden glitter was actually the eyes.

You take one look at this picture and remember what I have said, and you will realize.

I hope this review has helped!

Regards,
Nova

P.S. WOW. This was really short.
"But I don't want to be with mad people!" Says Alice.

"Oh, you can't help that, we are all mad here."

- Extract from Alice In Wonderland.

And, it actually makes sense! :o

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm
Chelsea4827 says...

Wow, these are really nicely drawn and the glitter you added is a really nice effect. And I think I like the second one better. I liked where you put the glitter and that you didn’t go over the top and just throw it on everywhere.#

Well done and keep drawing :)
Chels
In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. -- Blaise Pascal

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 pm
Rabbit says...

Hello Daisuki c:

I'm really impressed by these overall. You've used quite a thick and simple outline for your drawing, but somehow you've put beautiful detail into this.

What's really caught my eye is the eyelid on the first one, it looks so realistic and looks like it has depth to it. Was that just the sun or something? Also, those tiny earrings are like a pair I have, you've really captured a real-life effect in them.

I can't really find anything to help you improve, but however you did on the first one you should definitely do again! Also, what is that she's wearing? That's the only thing I didn't quite understand, I've never really seen clothes like that. Is that just the texture of the clothes she's wearing? If so, perhaps cut down on the lines, it looks like bandages x3

But still; brilliant work Suki!

-Rabbit <3
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."
--Brian Littrell.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:33 pm
Cspr says...

Very beautiful. While it could be said you could add more detail, shadow- and light-wise, it's very cartoon-y, so I won't be too picky. Otherwise, like mentioned, it's very beautiful. The contrast (of colors) is jarring, but it draws you in. I also like the vague Egyptian theme you have going (it looks Egyptian to me, anyway)--and I'm a fan of manga, so this is cool.

Hmm. The mouth might not be quite right.

I don't have much else to say about it, other than the fact I now want to try my hand at glitter glue to add some more interest to my artwork. Gah, you tempt me with new medium--as if pencil, ink, pastel, my special paint, and fancy papers weren't enough.

Anyway, keep up with this good stuff. :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 pm
sarahk1771 says...

This is amazing :) 8)
playing with fire water

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office