Missing in action

170 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 170
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:59 pm
Boolovesyou says...

1000319-00-01-00-00_lg.png

Spoiler! :
For the 30 service members who died Saturday in a Taliban attack on a CH-47 Chinook helicopter in Afghanistan. My prayers are with all who were affected.

M.I.A

I fell asleep with your heart in my hand,
and awoke to your hips pressed against mine.
Lips searching with no command.
Our fingers lay tightly intertwined.

I felt your heart beating,
between every touch;
your hands leading,
wanting so much.

Your lips about to form words
I jolt awake, leaving them unheard.
It was only a dream,
tears fall for my poor, lost marine.
Last edited by Boolovesyou on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Milestiba uzvar visu, Milestiba ir upuris.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm
sienna says...

I found this really close to heart i love your work especially this poem please keep writing it i think people would love it but the problem is i wish there was like an area on yws where you could post your stories or poems on the front page so everyone could see them keep writing XD!

Random avatar

Reviews: 53
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:22 pm
Preachergirl18 says...

Lips searching with no command.I love this part

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 pm
cyancheshire says...

Wow, this was really well written. I love the message and the rhyming. The message isn't really one you see very often, and I think it should be seen just as often as everything else. It's a topic that hits close to home, for me anyway. Very descriptive, too. Good job!

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 am
shiney1 says...

Wow. This is a very deep poem. I have not seen something like this on this site in a long time. And even though it is saddening, it also makes me happy to see people thinking about what really matters and are willing to share that with others. The poem flows really well, and the imagery satisfies me, which is pretty hard to do (except towards the end it fades a bit). No spelling as far as I can see. Some places did not rhyme as well as others did, but that doesn't really matter in a poem like this, especially if the flow is not lost.

M.I.A

Our fingers lay tightly intertwined. Great attention-grabber.

between every touch;
your hands leading,
wanting so much.

Your lips about to form words
It was only a dream,
tears fall for my poor, lost marine. Nice finish.

You missed some punctuation, but in all, this is a very nice poem.
Keep writing!
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:52 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

I suppose there are places where this could be critiqued, but I don't feel like there's anything that really jumped out at me and it honestly looks fine as-is. In fact, I really felt the emotion in this piece. *liked
This wasn't "emo" or overdramatic, nor was it dull and lacking interest. It was just sweet, and it worked really well with this piece.
Keep writing,
StoryWeaver
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:57 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Things I liked
Things to improve
Grammar

M.I.A

and awoke to your hips pressed against mine. You COULD capitalise this, but you don't have too.
Our fingers lay tightly intertwined. I love the imagerey here!

between every touch;
your hands leading,
wanting so much. Good, but slightly shorter than the other two stanzas.

Your lips about to form words,
It was only a dream,
tears fall for my poor, lost marine. Somehow .... this doesn't work for me. I'm being picky, but it just flops after two very detailed stanza's. Maybe re-write? It's up to you. Maybe, try adding a bit about the marine: how he dies and that, but you don't HAVE to add that, it is just a suggestion.

Overall:

Very emotional. I really liked this poem. Here are some points:

The stanzas are all different lenghts, and I don't like that. It annoys me. But that is my opinion. :D

The last stanza flops after such emotional stanzas. It ends too quickly ... it doesn't flow.

The first two stanzas are very emotional, they flow and aren't choppy. I really like them.

I love the fact you dedicated them to the marines. It was really thoughful and you did them proud with a poem like this.

Thanks for being my first... erm... reviewer-er person. -Nods- Yep. Reviewer-er person. xD

The first stanza is definitely my favorite, it is really good, I can really imagine what's going on. xD

You could capitalise your two sentences; some poets do do that, others don't, so this is completley up to you.

Your review is finished!

Princess Of Darkness ... xD
Signature Pending

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery